Manchester Piccadilly and Mayfield at night

Popped out last night into the city centre.

19 Likes

Cracking shots @kvetner love the 4th image :heart_eyes:

Thank you! I was pleasantly suprised how well the stitcher app on my phone worked (bimostitch). I may have another go at some of these on my PC with MSICE at the weekend.

1 Like

It’s done a fantastic job! Might have to download and try that myself. Is it an Android app or Apple?

I have it on Android, just downloaded it this morning. Don’t know about Apple.

2 Likes

Bonus, I’m an Android user so will give it a go. Thanks for the tip :+1:t2:

1 Like

Great photos :+1:

1 Like

I’m keen to get any tips you have, other than the obvious which would be to shoot RAW and edit on my PC (these were all shot as JPG and edited on my phone)! :wink:

1 Like

That fluorescent pink “thing” (is it a fair?!) really grabs the viewers attention, especially in the last one. I think these are really good photos!

Yep definitely shoot RAW and edit on PC :+1: :grinning: other than that the exposures look good. Some photographers shoot night scenes when the sky is too dark, it’s best with a bit of detail, usually the hour after sunset is best. It then comes down to composition, my favourite is the second one as I feel it has the best composition of them all. If I was being picky on the second I’d suggest a little less sky as your eye can be drawn to the lightest area of an image. All in though, they all look good :+1:

2 Likes

That final one is beaut

The pink thing is the outdoor bit of food/drink venue Freight Island, most of which is hidden inside the old Mayfield Depot.

1 Like