Maplin have a big price drop

Ok just had a think about the cost and it will be what it cost them to buy worry is just checked it’s 3-5days delivery so could be pulled
And the do you become a creditor? To get your money back?

Not a problem if you pay be credit card

Even a DJI Spark is only £314?!

Got mine from @HobbyMounts and Paul is brilliant. I’d rather support a local business any day of the week rather than save money and possibly end up with a drone that may fault and have no one to go back to.

For example I had a prop issue with the I2 which Paul changed out in less than 24hours no questions asked. Maplin have been overpriced for years! I am very sorry for the people that will lose jobs but this has been coming for a while.

4 Likes

DJI Mavic Air Fly More Combo 4K Quadcopter Drone - Onyx Black £664.00 from Maplin…Crazy!!

Hobby Mounts and Paul has been fantastic to me about my Air issue

1 Like

I was wondering when the sale would start…I had a mavic pro battery in my basket waiting for the inevitable sale.
Its now 59.99 …it was previously 85 ish

2 Likes

Just looked at that as well, could do with another one.

MP Props, £5.60! (Went for a couple of pairs of these!)
Car charger, £32.20!

… or you could really treat yourself …

LOL!

2 Likes

Anyone bought from the sale?
How long before you received a confirmation email?
Over 30 mins so far … nothing! :frowning:

Edit: :laughing:
Capture

Still no order confirmation email … despite what their website says.

Capture

May be their email server has been repossessed :slight_smile:

I have never ordered online from them but a couple of companies I have only had the order confirmation when the item is shipping, including GoPro It took 2 days to get the email and it arrived just before the shipment confirmation. So I would be anxious too but all may be well

The words “has been sent” would suggest they send a confirmation at order completion … like 99% of people I’ve ever bought from.
Not anxious … it’s only £11 … corporate incompetence is a pain!
Royal Mail has lost a £600 camera lens today, and says “let us know if it hasn’t been found in the next 6 weeks”.
a) I need it, and
b) this is “guaranteed next day 1pm delivery”.
Their website suggest they don’t know the difference between sending and receiving …

Their tracking has no updates since it reached the local hub when I sent it early yesterday.

Given the state of Maplins, I ordered my battery for collection, didnt want to have it delivered just in case it never arrived.

Picked it up this afternoon, the salesmen were very downbeat as you can imagine, and they were trying there hardest to get me to buy a discounted mavic, saying I should buy one and stick it on ebay and make an easy profit…

I see there prices have all gone back up now to ‘near’ normal, of course they have already sold out of most of the interesting stuff.

Certainly not all prices have gone back up.
Props and batteries still reduced.
Seems like they are permanent reductions, too … no mention of the old price.

I have checked the price for Mavic Pro Compo in Maplin and it’s expensive (£1223) than John Lewis (£1149 includes 2 years warranty)

Am I missing something here ?

Seeing as Maplin’s homepage still says “10% Off Everything”, might be worth giving them a call and checking?

It was a lot cheaper, but the prices on many things have gone back up.