Mavic 2 firmware and app updates

Also noticed the battery discharge setting has change to a max of 5 days, fairly sure it used to be 10 days?

3 Likes

Not checked that, but yes it was up to 10 days :+1:t4:

1 Like

DJI have released a new firmware for the Mavic 2 Pro ( 1.00.0790 )

However iā€™d advise caution. The only change notes are:

OPTIMIZED FLIGHT SAFETY

It provides no new features, no outstanding bugs seem to be known so thereā€™s a fair chance this update purely restricts use in some way. Possibly it disables the certificate based unlocks or the disabling of Aeroscope data via JeepDoors to bring it in line with newer models.

The Mini2 firmware update a few weeks ago did exactly the above.

Either way, its there if someone wants but the lack of detail in WHAT it does means im not tempted myself.

2 Likes

Good spot @gnirtS - thanks for the heads up.

The last firmware update for the Mavic 2 was waaayyyy back in November 2022, with a minor battery-only update issued Feb '21.

Without doubt it will be closing some exploited loopholes.

2 Likes

Slight update.
Dronehacks state the FCC,NFZ and altitude hacks will work on the new firmware.

We still donā€™t know about Aeroscope data via CIAJeepDoors though so if thatā€™s important, donā€™t upgrade yet.

2Ā½ Years later a new Firmware is released :scream:

• Date: 2023.11.23
  • Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0797 ARB 2
  • Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0770
  • DJI GO 4 App iOS: v4.3.60
  • DJI GO 4 App Android: v4.3.60

Whatā€™s New?

• Added support for Remote ID requirements in the United States.

Notes:

• Update the DJI GO 4 app to the latest version v4.3.60, otherwise the aircraft cannot be used.
  • DO NOT update to this firmware version if the GS Pro app is being used with the aircraft. Otherwise, the aircraft cannot be used.
  • Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

Thatā€™s quite damming :confused:

There were previous instances on the MP where a firmware upgrade forced an app update (I seem to recall when panos were first introduced) ā€¦ although I fear the reasoning, this time, might not be to enable ā€œnew and exciting functionsā€.

I bet thereā€™ll be new anti-roll back features added, too, that the likes of Drone Hacks wonā€™t (initially) be able to thwart.

It stinks tbh. :thinking:

1 Like

Moved your post to a topic that has already discussed this :point_up_2: