Mavic 2 firmware and app updates

Yep always used ios… just got a smart controller tho but even this update i tested with my ipad.

Very weird. This time it was the setting to enable the switch for multiple flight-modes, the maximum altitude and the maximum distance. They’ve all been reset before, along with RTH altitude, sensitivity settings and gimbal speed.

I’d assumed it was pretty standard to have to check every setting after every firmware upgrade. Is it really just me? :frowning:

1 Like

No i doubt it. Out of the millions that do update there will be a few that have their settings reset which is why they tell us to check, you must be one of those special people :wink:

1 Like

My mum always says I’m special :wink:

No - I’ve heard others mention this before - and I’ve also seen others respond that it never happens to them.

Heard it in association with Go4 updates, too. Again, some have said things change and some say not.

Of course, it’s something that I can’t recall experiencing. :whistles: :smiling_imp:

1 Like

Mine too :worried:

1 Like

Morning all. Just been out for an early morning fly to see if the latest update has actually increased the signal strength on the Mavic 2 drones, I honestly don’t seem to notice any difference at all. Has anyone else noticed improvement?

I think the firmware update in July only increased the physical distance (in Km) that DJI allow your drone to fly.

In terms of the permissible distance allowed between the drone and the controller. At which point DJI say sorry, no dice, you’re not flying any further than that sunny Jim.

I don’t think the firmware update increased the actual transmission power levels :slight_smile:

I’d love to be completely wrong about that understanding of the update, but knowing how restrictive DJI are… :roll_eyes:

Yeah, confirmed, these power levels are still exactly the same. They’d not really be allowed to increase these either.

Source: Mavic 2 - Product Information - DJI

Which is why we all mod our DJI drones, right :wink:

1 Like

Just seen this Rich

https://forum.dji.com/thread-219808-1-1.html

Yes mate, exactly.

So nice of DJI to determine exactly how far you can fly your own equipment eh :grimacing:

1 Like

Haha they want us to loose them. So we buy new ones. :joy:

Date: 2021.04.22
Aircraft Firmware: v01.00.0770
Remote Controller Firmware: v01.00.0770

What’s New?

• Fixed occasional issue: battery could not be charged when the battery level was low.

Notes:

• Restart the aircraft and remote controller after the update is complete.
  • Note that the update may reset various main controller settings, such as the RTH altitude and the maximum flight distance, to default settings. Before updating, take note of your preferred DJI GO 4 settings, and readjust them after the update.
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI GO 4 or DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, and retry.

2 Likes

Thanks for the heads up @Jhdee

FYI Mavic 2 owners, every battery you own will need flashing with this update :+1:t2:

6 Likes

Done and dusted, only thing I’ve noticed is it disabled intelligent flight modes. P,S,T. No other issues that I’ve seen. :+1:

Aren’t they disabled anyway, until you’ve taken off? :thinking:

(rings a very distant bell)

2 Likes

Oh, I’m not sure lol :joy: :man_facepalming: ah well I enabled them again whilst sat on my table. :joy:

1 Like

Oh right, maybe not then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What exact does this update do?

Just the battery charge levels?

It’s only a firmware update for the battery, nothing new for the drone or the RC.

I’m guessing DJI found the cause of the bug that stopped very flat batteries from being charged at all, and this is the bugfix for it.