Mavic 2 Pro Video Issues - Footage borrow?

Hi All,
I need help please…

My M2P seems to be producing video that stutters and has strange artefacts. I shoot with a shutter speed of 60 FPS 30FPS 4K H265 Pal using ND filters. I have tried multiple memory cards. There are now only 3 things that I can thinkmay be causing these issues…

1. My M2P needs a trip to DJI.
  2. My PC is doing strange things to the image.
  3. My TV settings are doing strange things to the image.

Please can someone allow me to download one of their M2P 4k 60FPS M2P H265 unedited videos that they know plays perfectly. I’d like to see if I have issues when watched via my PC on my 4K sony KD 55x9005a TV or if my Mavic is the issue.

Thanks.

1 Like

Have you just tried NTSC @ those fps? 30/60 is not a natural rate for the “PAL” setting.

If it’s converting between 25 and 30 internally, then you create this scenario …

Also - does this problem appear on your laptop or computer monitor?

Also - post an unedited example where this problem exists for us to see?

1 Like

Try this video from my Mavic 2 Pro:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1K0L49d3EZm2HUv_rqNJ8CWOIW7x1QUlQ

Another thought, James / @GTMonster … I possibly overlooked the real issue. H265.

A lot of people find their hardware really struggles with H265.

My first suggestion would definitely be to try H264.

1 Like

Longstride - Thanks. I’ll play it when I get home to see how it displays.

OzoneVibe - I’m playing footage via my gaming/ home theatre PC over HDMI to the TV. 4K films generally play really well, but then I’m not sure that they are playing at 60FPS without checking the video stats.

The hardware should be OK with HVEC 265. Unless its the video drivers are unhappy. I can’t update the drivers or Windows as doing so causes issues with my PCs graphics.

PC specs…
Intel i7 5960x 8 core extreme processor
ASUS Rampage V Extreme motherboard
64GB Kingston Hyper Hyper X 3000MHz (2x32GB kits (2x(4x8GB))
G.Skill Blade 480GB PCIe SSD
2x EVGA nVidia Titan X 12GB SC video cards in SLi
2x Samsung 850 Pro SSD in Raid 1

TV…
55" 4K Sony - KD55x9005a (First gen Sony 4K)

It may be worth seeing if my laptop has the same stutter, it seems to occur about once every couple of seconds during playback. I’ll definitly try NTSC 60FPS when I get the chance. Failing all of this, I shall upload something to see if it plays back OK for you guys.

To me, this feels like a recording / decoding issue. I just hope that I can resolve it without returning my M2P of buying a new TV!

As always thanks.

Also try H264. If everything is OK then, you can feed back the changes and see which causes the issue.

Do you have a clip you can upload? Happy to play it and see if I see the same issues.

I notice that @longstride’s clip is only 1080p/30fps/H265 … so won’t be a full comparison to your settings.

Really? I thought it was 4k! Sorry!

1 Like

How odd! I’ll upload another! Warning, its almost 1GB!

2 Likes

It’s always easier to download … so the pain will be yours. :wink:

1GB is fine with me… I just let the other download… Only just noticed its 88MB

I’m wandering if the 265 issue is that my TV is only capable of 8bit colour depth. I hate being stuck at work… its sunny outside too! Would have been the perfect test day.

1 Like

Try this one:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Ywnx3QUQrpCoEcqJjvaNQYU5zYE6aSTI

1 Like