Mavic 2 Smart Controller Update Issues

Thanka for that tip. Could save me a little faffing about. :+1:

Success!!!
There is a Fix on Mavic Pilots for the dodgy firmware upgrade for the SC. You can find full instructions in post #48 in that thread and some further comments from myself in post #52.

First time I’ve done a factory reset and apart from a few settings like time, wifi, login etc, there is not much of a downside as post #48 outlines.

Hopefully this clears up the mess and enables those who never got Assistant to work to do so.

Good stuff.

I’ve had to downgrade to 0.530 as 650 wouldnt refresh, The option wasnt there. Funnily enough Assistant 2 isnt offering me the option of upgrading to 650. But I’ll have to have a fiddle later when I’ve more time.

At least Assistant recognises the SC now though.

Great find that @johnbirt :+1:

After downgrading to v 530 im now updated to 650! Assistant 2 eventually got its act together and realised my SC was running behind.

Cheers for your advice :+1:

SO had been putting off upgrading to v1.00.650 after hearing all the horror stories,bit the bullet tonight and tried to upgrade,succsess! Anybody had any problems with this upgrade?? :thinking: :thinking:

@FIREFOX I’ve moved your post to the current thread on this issue mate.

1 Like

Cheers Rich,knew there was a thread somewhere !! Just was not sure if was too old to bring up again…

Apparently there was a third update dated 13th Jan. The 6th Jan was a major dud and the Jan 11th one cured many things but had an issue with flight logs not being saved correctly. The setting on SC was clearly not sticky according to reports.

Just been posted on Mavic Pilots that the latest 13th Jan one cures the logs issue. Unfortunately all firmware version numbers are 1.0.650 so not easy to check which you have without checking the date in settings on the SC.

Hopefully you have just got the most recent version but nevertheless check the date as flying without flight logs ain’t advisable.

I am still on Jan 11th version so need to update myself but can’t fly in this weather so will leave it another couple of days in case DJI sneak out a 4th update without telling anyone!

I assume you updated via Assistant and not on SC via Wifi?

2 Likes

Indeed,used latest version of assistant,upgrade went first time,no worries…(v01.00.0650) :thinking: