Mavic 3 with RC Pro losing signal

Shame the FCC Hack won’t run on the RC pro

Why not?

Tried it but just keeps crashing

Try this was, its a bit of a pain but will get you FCC

Yes did that and it worked, but I also sent the apk to the RC Pro, installed but it just crashes
How’s the Airdata?

There are quite a few

Remote controller in high interference environment. Manually adjust flight route or return to home (Code: 80014)

This is warning you that there is a lot of interference where you’re at. It may cause Radio signal issues and/or Compass issues. It’s important that you do not ignore this as the connection between the transmitter and receiver may be affected.

Types of interference often include Wi-Fi routers, high-voltage lines, large metal structures, buildings, bridges, and railroads.

You can typically expect to experience more interference in an urban environment.

In the event of interference causing the drone and RC to disconnect, the drone will execute a preset command. We encourage you to check the “RC Signal Lost” settings within the flight app.

In the “RC Signal Lost” settings, you will be able to choose from the following commands: Hover, RTH, or Land.

I don’t know the area or environment but I would try another location

Nothing near at all, flat for miles, no pylons or trees, very near the milkbar biker’s cafe

Yes but last time I flew there with my air 2s it never struggled

Yorkie aren’t there 2 or 3 wind turbines in that area?

1 Like

But things may have changed :person_shrugging:

There are pylons, a railway track to the north and an airfield to the east

Best to try another location with and without FCC

What have DJI said?

Morning mate, just wanted too say & i know not too much about the technical side of things or if at all but not that it might be of much help, I’ve flown a certain area one day and great transmission, gone back another day and it’s been rubbish, some may disagree but just sharing my thoughts & that some days have differed in my experience.
As you probably know sparkways is your man on this especially when it comes to the above.

Edit : just to add, back in the summer, there was a similar topic & like sparkways said try a different location, was my exact advice for the same kind of scenario and it was problem solved, can’t guarantee it but that would also be my first go too.
Good luck

I got the Air2s with RC Pro from the U.S when it was on offer at the beginning of the year.

When it arrived and had the first few flights I had the same disconnect issues. At 5 metres is was disconnecting with the RC pro. Like you, with RC-N1. No problems!

I was gutted as I knew to send back if its faulty would be difficult and DJI probably would not let me access support in Europe.

I was at a firmware on the Air 2s which at the time was not FCC hackable. Luckily Sincoder could FCC the RC pro at the time. I don’t know why it made a difference but my disconnect problems went away.

Fast forward a few months, Drone-Hacks released rollback and as I had a spare licence I rolled back to their recommended firmware. As now Air 2s was FCC itself, I updated the RC Pro for the first time since Sincoder FCC. NO DISCONNECT ISSUES. Happy days.

In October, updated the RC PRO again and applied Drone-Hacks FCC hack. STARTED GETTING DISCONNECT ISSUES AGAIN, Randomly.

I then decided to roll back to .700 (fly version 1.5.10) on the RC PRO so I could disable DRONE-ID.

I’ve now flown at the same location for 3 hours+ with no disconnections. On a beach, no problems with connection over the years besides with RC PRO and Air 2s

I know people have ‘solved’ the disconnection issues by using 2.4ghz only when this where been reported at the beginning of the year. Other people got controllers and drones swopped by DJI but i never really saw if it solved the problem for them.

I know this is a long post and I don’t have a methodical approached solution to offer. All I can say is I’m now happy (touch wood) that I’m not having any more problems.

Forcing FCC on the controller, drone or both? Firmware combinations? I don’t know what solved it exactly.

Cheers I will try the sincoder option if this free one is an issue, yes its annoying, I had a RC pro with my Air 2S earlier this year with no problems at all and flying the same area

Drone-hacks RC pro FFC maybe the same as Sincoder? Potentially?

I wish I knew what it was. I know we cannot totally exclude interference.

Welcome to GADC @pky - thanks for taking the time to share your experiences :slight_smile:

FYI Dronehacks does not work on the Pro-RC

Mavic 3

Attention: Use the normal RC, NOT the Pro-RC (Smartcontroller). The Pro-RC (Smartcontroller) is NOT supported!

Sent the RC Pro back and ordered a RC Screen Controller, tried one with the Mavic 3 and it worked perfectly, and nearly 4 times cheaper

There is a signal hack available for the RC Pro independently if you check out the Birdmap. Costs you a licence for the controller. The procedure in the DH desktop app is to downgrade to the firmware it tells you to, apply the hack and then upgrade to the latest firmware.

1 Like

My Bad… yes you are correct, I forgot to check the RC pro :+1: