Mavic Air 2 SDK Support

Interesting debate concerning the inclusion or not of ‘waypoints’ in the imminent support for the MA2. Interesting for me as the MA2 is my first DJI and disappointing if flight planning will not be possible, I made a bold assumption. Anyway there it is, please make your own conclusions, though all I guess is still speculation.

https://forum.dji.com/thread-213821-1-1.html

That’s a very old thread (April) and over a hundred posts long - what does it say in summary?

The next SDK release shows Mavic Air 2 support is coming:

Is your suspicion that the Air 2 won’t be powerful enough to support missions, in the same way the Mini 1 isn’t?

1 Like

Aye, it’s a long thread, the last post was four days ago in the form of a question to an administrator concerning the included feature set of the MA2 SDK support, (my understanding) speculating on whether waypoints 2.0 will be exposed for use. Some contributors say it isn’t supported in either firmware or hardware and others suggest that it is possible but perhaps DJI don’t want to implement it on this platform. I’m reluctant to speculate because it’s possible that it might happen anyway at some time in the future. I simply find myself one of the recent purchasers who expected flight planning implementation at some time. DJI admin say it isn’t possible, I’m hoping it might at least support ‘virtual sticks’, but the performance of which I have no experience with. Also, I was looking at a Mini 2 for some situations and I would like flight planning on that platform, but I’m probably going to wait to see how the feature set evolves. Perhaps it would be simpler if this becomes a dividing issue between the pro market and everything else, to make flight planning a paid addition if the platform will support it.