Mavic Air 2 won't fly left or right

When I tested the controls of my Mavic Air 2 before flying this morning, it wouldn’t fly left or right. All other controls worked fine. I landed the drone and rebooted it and the controller but no success. I then tried switching to Tripod Mode and the left and right controls were restored, but stopped again when going back to Normal Mode.
I examined the flight data when I came home and noticed that the drone had gone into “Detour” mode.
I couldn’t find anything in the User Guide, does anybody know what’s causing this?

This happened to me the other day following an upgrade. It sounds like sideways movement is disabled and can easily be restored in the Fly App settings.

@beachcomber this post last week from Barry @BCF might hold the answer.

Have a read:

Thanks, I did wonder if it was the recent firmware or DJI Fly updates.
his did happen to me once in mid-flight. I did a RTH and the problem disappeared.
I’ve also e-mailed DJI .

Thanks very much.
I changed the safety setting from avoid to brake and the left/right control was restored.

1 Like

There is (or was) another setting if you scroll further down, to disable sideways flight. You should be able to reset that and still allow obstacle avoidance as well.

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll do that.

I wouldn’t call @BCF experience a schoolboy error on his part. No one should expect a firmware update to impede the control of a drone… but it is DJI so we should be used to expecting the unexpected.

2 Likes