Mavic firmware upgrade

Hi Guys. Am having major issues trying to upgrade to the latest firmware on my Mavic Pro controller. Have managed to upgrade the drone itself using DJI assistant on my Mac PC
Every time I try to upgrade the controller the download gets to 100% then says upgrade failed. Have tried it with my iPad mini using Go4 and that tells me it does not recognise the hardware. Have tried a hard reboot of the controller using the the rear buttons and the shutter button together but nothing happens then either.
Has anyone else had similar problems? Cheers Pete

Hi Pete,which version of DJI assistant are you using?

Hi, thanks for your reply. It’s Assistant 2. I wish I could re set the controller as my thoughts are that there is a firmware glitch going on.

Cheers Pete

Not sure how useful this will be,but on DJI website,there is a version of assistant for mavic,and mavic 2.I had a lot of problems,upgrading firmware,in fact i almost sent my bird back!! Anyhow,i downloaded assistant for mavic,from DJI website and was blown away by its speed and efficiency . Sounds like you maybe already have this version,if not i would definitely give it a go.:+1:Hope this helps…

It’s not M2 specific - it also does previous DJI models - but previous versions won’t work correctly with the M2.

Hiya ozone,yes this is true,but i have found this to be the best version yet with non of the usual problems,maybe it has better drivers,anyway worth a try?

1 Like

Certainly no harm. :+1:

1 Like

Thanks for that. Unfortunately I was aware and do have the correct version. Think I will just have to contact the DJI agents here in New Zealand. Fortunately I have another Mavic I can use. Certainly won’t be trying to upgrade that one at this stage.
Cheers Pete

Silly question,but have you tried another USB cable?

Thanks. Thing is it wouldn’t upgrade using Asdistant 2 or the Go4 app.

Thanks guys. Will give it a try tonight. Will post when I get it sorted in the event someone else has the same issue.
Pete NZ

2 Likes

:blush:Yes thanks have tried several.

1 Like

Hi @plisty, which firmware version are you going from, and to?

And which version is your aircraft currently running?

Hi. To the guys that previously tried to help me regarding my inability to upgrade my Mavic Pro controller with the lates firmware, I have been informed by the agents here in NZ that I have a faulty circuit board that needs to be replaced. Once again, many thanks to those who tried to help. Cheers Peter NZ

Glad you’re getting to a satisfactory conclusion. :+1:

Moved your latest post to the end of your previous thread. :wink:

1 Like