Mavic Mini 2 Pano

Not sure if this should bw in the Q & A section but as it is about pano I shall put it here (then admin will move it as they see fit)

So FAO all Mavic Mini 2 Users.

Took the MM2 out yesterday and did a 9 image pano and it did its thing. On post flight I found it had not merged the pictures into one. There was a folder on the SD card saying Panoramic with the 9 images in there

When I have done other Pano’s on my Air 2 and my Mavic 2 Pro it takes the images then merges them together and all I find on the SD Card is the merged images.

Anyone else seen this or is it schoolboy error on my behalf?

As per the #panos title …

So - moved to #questions-and-answers. :+1:

The individual images most certainly should be there - usually in a sub-folder. Always have been since panoramas were introduced in early 2018.

Did you mean, all you can find is the individual images and not a single merged one?

Never noticed it before. :thinking:

That is correct. All I found was a folder called Panoramic with the 9 images in but no merged image anywhere.

I ended up uploading to Google Photowhich did it for me.

Lightroom, Photoshop and (on Windows) Microsoft ICE will do this stitching for you.

1 Like

Thanks, I know there is other ways to stitch /merge them together. What I want to know is why is the DJI Fly App not doing it for me like it does with the Air 2.

I wanted to ask the community first, do some more testing myself before I raise a bug with DJI.

2 Likes

Not enough processor power onboard which is where the MA2 and Mavic 2 does its stitching

1 Like

You should find the merged image on your mobile - the app merges them and saves the merged image in your gallery. You can share or export that picture.

That image won’t be full resolution however.
I think if you want the maximum resolution you have to take the images and merge yourself.

1 Like

I think you are correct. I had a look at the album on the app and it had stitched it together in there.

As @nathankw mentions, that version does tend to be rather low res and rather high compression.

2 Likes

And no exif info embedded so Facebook and Google Photos don’t recognise it as a pano (like the pro does)

1 Like

Another quirk is that sometimes I find it doesn’t appear in the album
I’ve done panoramas that seem to complete successfully - and all the individual photos are there on the card - but it doesn’t appear in the app.

In that case the only option seems to be to stitch oneself.

I’m assuming that could be because the app was unable to complete the stitching. But it doesn’t appear to give any feedback unless it’s in a log file somewhere.

Has anyone else encountered this?

I noticed this from the one I did yesterday and went back to look, once I has found out about the album. I did 3 today (one of each type) and when I looked in the album one was missing. I had to connect the drone back up again at home and give it some time to sync with the album before it displayed.

I had to connect the drone back up again at home and give it some time to sync with the album before it displayed.

That’s interesting. I’d not found a way to get the app to stitch a pano if it didn’t work straightaway.
But are you saying just leaving it switched on and connected to the app (via the remote) it’ll go back and stitch?

It has to download all the hi-res images to your device, first … which takes a little while in background.

Even then they not that hi-res

But still very usable for Kuula, blown out a little, very bright low sun (untouched image)

1 Like

Just did a pano shot over the garden with the new Mini 2. I’ve got 26 jpgs in the Panorama folder on the card but no big jpg file with the stitched pano. It does stitch automatically like the Mavic 2, doesn’t it?

It stitchies in the app, you’ll find it in the Album. Alternatively, there’s software that will do it for you such as ICE from Microsoft (Image something Editor)

1 Like