Mavic mini- no gimbal dial and can't change mode :(

Exactly the same as me, except I put DND on.

Can airplane be turned off on app exit ? DND can’t

Loving the automation !

Will make a note to stick it in airplane mode next flight and see if anything plays up. Will also see if android allows me to automate settings like that

1 Like
  • had a little play with mine, adjusted to airplane mode instead of DND.

It would seem you can not turn it back on when you kill an app, however as a workaround I’ve set Facefook to turn everything back on when its opened (might adjust the app see how I get on, but I pretty much have that on all the time for sharing shit)

Is that on Android or Apple?.
Would appreciate a “How to” for that if it’s Android.

It’s built in to iOS @chrisjohnbaker - there must be something similar out there for android though.

1 Like

Thanks Rich, I’ll have a search.

So I’ve made this instead, and put shortcuts in the drone folder .

I’ve also made one called start flying, which is the reverse.

As long as I remember to hit this first before starting any flying app alls good, although sometimes I do like to live stream

1 Like

Jinxed myself- got the dreaded motor error! Think the 3d printed clip holding the rears was a bit tight. Have left the drone open and props out by a sunny window to test if they’ll flex themselves back into shape. If not, will have to replace them. I knew as soon as I wrote that paragraph I was going to get something go wrong !!!

2 Likes

I’d replace anyway , sake of a few quid

2 Likes

You don’t realise how much of a tight arse I am Chris!

I’ve got spares, I was just interested to see if they would spring themselves back to true form. Windy here for next couple of days so won’t be flying anyway, might as well conduct a wee experiment.

Plus I’m convinced they would be fine if I’d not jinxed myself!

Don’t forget to record the maiden flight :wink:

1 Like

You just want to see it fall from the sky in 2.7k :joy: :joy: :joy:

2 Likes

Absolutely no issues whatsoever. So bad points for the flexible props but also a good points… They might get out of shape, but will also form back into shape!
Flew a battery so gonna charge it and run 3 later.

And yes, I forgot to record!

1 Like

Props perfect and a nice long flight in the forest, lots of wind warnings but performed like an absolute dream!

Remembered to stick it in airplane mode last night- lost the option to change flight mode so 100% that is what’s causing the issue.

Was a bit of an experiment in the wind too so was banking on S mode! Phone switched back to normal, quick RTH, restarted the app and all good.

Didn’t even think of checking the gimbal dial due to the wind but would assume it’s all related. Must be some combination of phone/drone/me it doesn’t like!

1 Like

Thanks for the update - bizarre effect though!

1 Like