Mavic Pro 2 battery stuck on with two lights

Glad you got it sorted Alan, usually an answer to these things.
Remember , each battery needs updating, so it may pay you to check all of them

1 Like

Yes, i have 3. it was the last one.

So the batteries need updating, the app does too i believe, does the actual drone itself?

1 Like

Yes, all the batteries update individually, just a case of powering down the drone, swopping batteries and firing up the App, and it should see if the firmware needs up dating. It is better to update the firmware as required (in my opinion) , I have never missed any of the firmware updates on any of my drones, and, only once had a problem, ironically similar to what you had with one of my Mavic Pro Batteries, but, a firmware update corrected it !.
I believe once the drone firmware has been updated, it then looks to check to see if the battery firmware is ok.
As you know, everytime you go to fly, and fire up the Go4 App, it checks the firmware version with the DJI servers to make sure everything is up to date, it also checks to see if the Controller requires updating, that also has Firmware !.

1 Like

If the drone itself requires a firmware update it applies the update to the currently-installed battery at the same time, so you can tick that one off the list :+1:t2:

Then as Chris suggests, just power down, swap batteries, power up and check the GO app.

3 Likes

Yeah, sorry Rich, meant to mention that !

1 Like

Alan, have you looked in the Members Only at my post
"GADC Member Information Pack"

There maybe some useful Documents in there that could be of help in making your Flying Experience a little better.
There is also a Drone Checklist to help in checking things before/during/after your flights.
Feel free to download as you require.

1 Like

Looks like I need to do this for my Mavic Air - never even thought about this before. To me, batteries have always been basically dumb.

Ho hum.

1 Like

DJI calling them “intelligent flight batteries” wasn’t just a marketing ploy :blush:

But yeah, I know iwhat you mean!

2 Likes

Well the crazy thing is I didn’t do the usual techy approach - manual, what do I need a manual for and I actually read it cover to cover.

Nary a mention of needing to update battery firmware - plenty for the drone and controller.