Mavic storage, what do you use?

Hi
What was the link to get the foam ready cut for the Mavic Pro?
Thanks

One arriving tomorrow, the DJI Flymore softcase is just too small, my strobe lights snag on it, and it’s just too much of a faff, so will be selling it… eBay here we come

New case will get the whole combo in and more now

1 Like

I Notice not many peeps use fire proof bags in there cases

I think the only time I’ve ever seen people use the fireproof bags is when they’re boarding an aeroplane.

Do you use them in your regular case then Jeff?

I do rich I have seen lipos go up not a pretty site
Plus now having PfCO and insurance it’s reaquired (not to self it cast to do things by the book)

Oh and I’ve never been invited to yours for a brew…or a pie

Jeff

I always keep mine in theirs, adds a bit of protection as I mainly throw kit in a variety of different bags depending on what I’m doing and where I’m going.

There’s a company in Romsey, Solent Plastics who do a fantastic range of hard cases, very like the Peli cases but much cheaper. Here’s an example:
https://www.solentplastics.co.uk/marine-storage-products-boxes/waterproof-plastic-cases/product/MAX430/max430-waterproof-ip67-rated-max-plastic-protective-case-with-cubed-foam/
I bought one for my sub sea OpenROV and it is absolutely brilliant. The foam comes out in cubes so you can fit pretty much anything.

1 Like

Hmmm - just up the road from me.

I just bought this case for travelling - can’t believe how much it fits!! Mavic pro 2, 5 batteries, crystal sky 5 inch, all in main foam compartment / spare compartment where I hold charger accessories, another removable hard pouch for sd cards etcs, a compartment for ipad and another spot for laptop … It’s quite compact and everything fits perfectly!! I can’t beleive how small it is - I put an A5 notebook on top -about the size of an ipad mini to show a comparison in size …

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XGMZL8W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It looked much bigger online - I didn’t have high hopes for it when I was first checking it out but I have room to spare!! Course no room for goggles but I tend to prefer my crystal sky anyhow.

2 Likes

Lowepro make some cracking cases!

I don’t think I’ve ever heard a bad word spoken about then :+1:

I’m struggling to resist the obvious joke, there! :wink:

1 Like