Menai Strait Bridges & Ynys Gorad Goch (Island)

Another one from my lovely few days in North Wales:

www.sc-drone-media.co.uk

5 Likes

The water was flying past and I noticed, when editing, that some thrill-seeker jumped out of a boat into the racing tide. Couldn’t see him/her again. Keep your eyes open at about 1.04:

1 Like

Its a regular occurrence with tourists - they haven’t a clue about them currents. I used to canoe it when young & frivolous but now prefer the high speed rigs that blast down from Caernarfon - my Mrs can be heard from the shore screaming lol

1 Like

Fk me, I’ve had too much wine, deleted my own post !!! lol
That is the BEST flying & filming I’ve ever seen of the Straits - bar none !!! Bloody spectacular and a lesson to all pilots on how to get it right in difficult surroundings with nerves of steel - 100% respect. You did a cracking job on the Menai Bridge and i noted you were careful at the Britannia with the super grid that catches many out. Absolutely fantastic flying :clap: :clap: :+1: :+1:
On your next visit, give me a shout - I think you will like Porth Wen, if you’ve never been, on the NE coast - has an old abandoned Victorian brickworks on the shoreline with its own now almost destroyed jetty etc - bit of a trek getting down to it, but well worth it. With your skill, you will capture it like never before.

1 Like

Wow, I’m speechless. Thanks Ted, for those amazing comments. I surely will contact you before I come again.

2 Likes

MORE than welcome Steve - bring your D750 - the BEST camera ever made - it will double the quality of a visit. :+1:

1 Like

Really enjoyed this video Steve. Got some fantastic footage there. On a personal note I wanna live in that house in the middle of the river :grin:

1 Like

I think Z7 owners would argue that :wink:

:scream: How very dare you lol

1 Like

You and me both lol. What a location.

Its currently up for sale guys - £1M and its yours - the guy has lived there for over 25 years - guess he’s sick of travelling to the shore by boat lol

1 Like

I am greatly enjoying your videos M2P. Another cracker!

1 Like

Thank you Chris. 3 or 4 more to come from this trip.

1 Like