Mersey Gateway Bridge

Mersey Gateway Bridge taken this morning from Wigg Island Cheshire…

3 Likes

I spy a suspension bridge with three towers :thinking:

1 Like

I went to a place called Wigg Island to take some drone shots and video but It was telling me I was in a NFZ and couldn’t take off so got the camera out. One of the other lads on here did take some drone shots from Wigg Island that’s why I went but as mentioned couldn’t even take off.

You are under the DJI Geo Zone there … should be OK up to 150m with current firmware and Geo data …

It comes down to 60m a little nearer to the airport, but should still fly OK.

Another problem with DJI firmware … it’s a generalised approach to a global issue rather than following local legislation - no problem at all as far as Drone Assist is concerned.

Indeed, it’s outside the FRZ but inside the DJI geofence height restriction. My M2Z was quite happy to take off from Wigg Island, so I wonder if there is a setting that @barryb needs to change on the DJI Go app or is it just a firmware update needed? Alternatively, the same bridge can be seen from Spike Island on the north side of the Mersey, which is outside the DJI geofence.

1 Like

Thanks Kvetner
For the info i will check it out or maybe go to Spike Island and try it from there.

Dave
Thanks very much for the advice.
Barry

1 Like