Mini 2/DJI Fly/Galaxy phone

It looks like it’s not a cable issue, if you have updated to android 12 then it looks like you may be screwed

Well that is rather annoying! I find it unbelievable in this modern time that his can happen. Nodoubt DJI will get a fix and update the app but how long that will take I don’t know!

I’ve read about these sorts of problems happening in the past. Any idea on DJI’s rough turn around time for updates to fix such issues? Will I have to wait days, or months?

Try this version

https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/eb95af7a-a51c-41e4-825f-d94344385628

Would a factory reset on the tablet or phone not remove the android updates? You could try backing up all the important stuff, factory reset the phone and restarting it. Making sure to disable any updates to security only.

@Sparkyws thanks mate I downloaded that however it tells me the package appears to be invalid when I try to install, weird.

My phone is telling me there is an update to the DJI fly app, so I will give that a bash in a bit. Fingers crossed. Thanks for your help all.

1 Like

No worries hope you get it sorted, let us know

Oh, what phone is it?

Thanks. Still no joy.

Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra. On the list of phones with issues with the current Android release!

I have updated the DJI app as per the new release…still the same. So then I deleted it and installed the one from your link and also still the same. No live feed. It’snot crashing, it just doesn’t show any live video. Everything else works though and it takes pictures and video fine. I just cant’ see what its recording. Damn ridiculous!

Very frustrating.

Dont know about anyone else but I’m pretty sure it’s the android update that has caused the problem but I may be wrong. I have the S21 and the dji app worked but video was quite laggy sometimes.
If you can, try to do a factory reset on the phone to take it back to when you got it. If that doesn’t work then you’re looking at getting another device im afraid. I just bought a cheap used tablet specifically for flying the mini2 as I was having bother with the A51 and S21 phones

I agree it’s definitely the android update that’s caused it. No doubt DJI are trying to fix it though.

I don’t really want to reset my entire phone though…i’ll do that if I get desperate.

I wouldn’t hold your breath, it’s been an issue since April!

You could try this

Oh has it? I got my first drone in June and this is the first time I’ve had any issues with my Samsung 21 Ultra. Maybe I’ve been lucky.

I might indeed give that a go. Thanks again!

1 Like

Back in April there was a release that fluffed the video feed on both Huawei and Samsung devices. I presume they fixed the issue, I wouldn’t know as I rolled back to V1.4.2 and been there ever since. They fixed the issues with Huawei devices by deleting them from the list of compatible devices in subsequent releases.

The issue being experienced now appears to be with the release of Android 12 which is affecting some Samsung and Pixel devices. The sort of irony around this is that the Android 12 dev kit had been available for quite sometime, and manufacturers whom valued their customers worked to ensure their software was compatible. However DJI’s mission is based solely around profit, customer service is a loss leader, so instead they wait to see how many suffer issues and whether the cost of fixing the issue has valid financial merit. In the case of Huawei devices they figured the cost to fix exceeded the expected revenue gained so they deleted the devices from the list. Try telling a DJI fanboy this in the DJI forum and you’ll be met with the same hysterical fit you’d receive by criticising Elon Musk and his fan base, or the Catholic Church and Science.

Read this thread, Andriod 12 DP release didn’t work dated 6/04/21

DJI tells Pixel 6 owners to borrow another phone!

https://www.androidpolice.com/dji-tells-pixel-6-owners-to-borrow-another-phone-to-use-its-drones-and-cameras/

1 Like

mistaken post

It seems my prayers have been answered swiftly! New version of the DJI Fly app 1.1.5(2025) has fixed the issue. Not flied yet so I’m hoping it hasn’t introduced any others!

Not sure that version number is right @gimbalflight ?

They’re at 1.5.1 for Android currently I think :thinking:

Another sneaky release! :scream:

Yes apologies, I got the digits the wrong way around. I can confirm it’s 1.5.1 (2025) as @Sparkyws has noted above.