Mini 2 - High Wind & Speed Tests (Atti Mode)

I just did 7.75km in Atti mode, around home and a trip to Asda and back :wink:

Unfortunately, Pause does not work in Atti mode. But … holding the button will initiate RTH, which automatically puts it back into Normal mode and attempts to return. On a day like today (no wind), that would be fine. But my preference would still be to switch it Sports mode and RTH manually.

From Normal to Atti mode …

Below, where I pressed the Pause button did nothing, but holding it down triggered the RTH …

Thanks for doing that. Presumably sliding the switch back into P mode will also put the bird back into normal flight?

1 Like

Correct. Switch to any other mode, other than Atti mode, will reengage GPS positioning and bring the drone to a stop (unless it is very windy, like 35+ mph).

Probably talking out my arse, but now you can adjust the EXP of the sticks, could this help get to ‘full speed’ quicker? Not sure its even enabled for sport mode.

I’ll give it a go, and let you know :+1:

2 Likes

The sequel to this test is here. Faster still, but with different ‘ending’ …

@clinkadink if you were 20yrs old you would be called a yob. But because you’ve reached a certain age and have a beard - you’re like a scientist :scream:
Not the same watching the video knowing what the ending is. Kinda like watching Titanic.
Just glad you do these tests so we don’t have to. :+1:

2 Likes

:joy: :joy:

PMSL :rofl:

There are far to many “Will it run” videos on YouTube. Time for some “Will it crash” or “Will it come back” videos :wink:

At the end of the day, if these Mini 2’s are safe enough to fly over people … I want to know their limitations. And if nothing else, these endurance tests prove that the Mini 2 packs a punch well above it’s weight, and is a very sturdy and trustworthy aircraft :+1:

1 Like

You wait Steve… only 10 years behind me :stopwatch::laughing:

So … discovering terminal velocities in various configurations in this next?

Been there! A good laugh. You should have seen the young lad’s face who worked there, when he said “Next” … and then saw me … 6’ 2" and 18 stone :rofl:

:thinking:

How far did they have to crank up the fan?

:laughing:

1 Like

I’ve only done the proper “from a plane” version.

They could only muster about 3 feet :laughing:

I have done the “off the side of the Alps” version though. Now that was wayyyyyy better.

Millau Bridge was my last base jump … but departed terra-fimra by paraglider in the Alps (and other mountain ranges) many times.

Yup, looks high enough :star_struck:

It’s higher when it’s not foggy (:wink:) … which it is, very often.

3 Likes

Uhm. Read & learned your ways.
( yes, I re-bought a Mini2 - still waiting for legal advice for THAT guy ran away after crush - not crash ).
Made the tripod mode change. So I fly in S mode all time with good speed finally, maintaining GPS, and only over 100 meters high and away, I change in ATTI, wonderful wonderful thing, it howls @ 17 m/s.
The only perplexity is the braking…it doesn t work at all.
Maybe is there any parameter tweak to reduce braking distance ?

GREETINGS FROM THE - NOW SNOWY - ALPS