Mini 2 - No GPS. Fly with caution / Attitude mode - mid flight

How strange - mine shows N for normal mode (or C or S) - and I checked the user manual (Page 35) and that is showing N mode as well.

Even in playback ? Screen grab from my latest flight

And the DJI website also has it as a P

I had trouble with mine it’s going back today the home point changed mid flight it rebooted mid flight on the maiden flight very can have it back

Ps and it didn’t want to land even with critical battery lucky it didn’t just fall out of sky 🤦🏼

I go as far to say caa has got it wrong with this one mini 2 is over priced with no forward or rear censors the freedom it gets is mad

CAA ?

With the new weight laws

More safe guards is better no

You mean EASA ?

Depends, lots if drones have no sensors what so ever, even your beloved MA2 is lacking compared to the M2P.

But it’s stable so what extra apart from gimbal does m2p have do tell

Well they all have gimbals, 3 axis ones too.

But seen as you asked

1 Like

Not the question what does the pro2 have apart from gimbal ?just to clarify you think mini 2with gps problems and no forward censor have more right then your beloved m2p

Sorry you’ve lost me, I don’t have a M2P but your insistence on comparing the Mini 2 to an Air 2 isn’t like for like, one costs double the other.

You were unlucky and probably got a bad Mini 2.

I really don’t get this, you do know what a gimbal is?

At the end of the day they are different tools for different jobs, you wont be flying your Air 2 in the A1 catergory, and thats the reason the Mini and Mini 2 are outselling anything else.

There are more to Drones than DJI, many of which don’t have sensors at all.

2 Likes

Sorry my bad lol camera happy flying fella

1 Like

Everyone heating up their Easter roasts in the microwave?? :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The mini & 2 were designed for the very specific reason they fall under 250gm. Add sensors and they’re over 250 although I’m sure I read somewhere that the 2 is so well under 250 (it’s not 249 as DJI say) that they are considering a sensor in it’s next incarnation.

2 Likes

Intermittent GPS loss became a topic of conversation back in 2017 on the DJI P4P forum. The documented solution then was this can happen if the bird’s IMU calibration is slightly out of wack. If your cal is way out at point of setting up and taking off you will get an IMU Cal warning on the app. If the system decides the IMU cal is a little flakey after you’re in the air you don’t always get a warning. But you do get intermittent system computational errors like with GPS.

The 2017 fix was redo your IMU cal.

Make sure your bird is on a measured, LEVEL surface and away from interference when you do it. FWIW I have a flat, heavy, 15mm thick, non magnetised steel plate to place the bird on and I set the plate up with a physical circular bubble level. I then double check the plate setting against a software derived spirit level phone app of which there are numerous apps available. However, I always use the physical circular bubble level as the master reference to get the plate absolutely horizontal on X Y axis.

The reason for the non magnetised steel is so as not to upset the bird’s internal magnetometer chip. If you do upset it then you are going to have to do a compass cal as well. The reason for the heavy steel is you don’t want any change in the surface positioning axis relative to the ground when you move the bird around during the cal. It has to be a rock solid platform and then you can get a cal as good as the manufacturer’s QC procedures in the factory.