Mini 2 - No live video feed to screen - please help!

Excellent, I would raise a ticket with DJI, try upgrading again and like you said you can always go back now you know how to do it :smirk:

2 Likes

I’m glad you got it fixed!

And I’m surprised a downgrade restored the video feed :thinking:

If you have the luxury of time, I’d definitely do this.

If you do, please let us know the outcome?

2 Likes

There is always a possibility that there is a bug in that version of the firmware with his setup :man_shrugging:

We know DJI don’t always get it right :joy:

2 Likes

What SD card are you using?

I had a near identical experience with another manufacturers drone on Android. I could receive all the telemetry, see exposure changes in the histogram, record video and stills, but no live video.

In my case the APP was not compatible with the chipset used in some European Samsung phones. Credit to the manufacturer they were very quick to remedy the problem and compensated me for my troubles.

More recently quite a few of us had issues with the live video in the DJIFly APP when using Huawei devices. There were similar issues with some Samsung devices also. A later release of the APP appeared to fix the issue but I think this was more luck than management on DJI’s part as they removed the problem devices from their Compatible Device List.

1 Like

I’ll try updating the firmware tomorrow and let you know how I get on.

1 Like

I’m using a SanDisk Extreme 128gb card; this should be sufficient, shouldn’t it?

1 Like

Most definitely sufficient. Glad to hear you’ve sorted it anyway.

Regards Chris.

1 Like

Update:

I updated the drone firmware using the wired connection through dji assistant 2 to the latest firmware and then checked; I now have live video feed :sunglasses:

I’ll test flying and recording later today and hopefully, all will be good :crossed_fingers: but if there are issues I’ll let you know.

Further thoughts on possibilities; I was flying sat in the shade late afternoon, but it was a sunny day and around 25C, I had low power mode on the phone as I had read that this helps with the screen dimming issue with iPhones; however, I have since read that this presents other issues and so not sure if that has contributed?

If I fly in airplane mode would that help the screen dimming issue in such conditions without the concerns of low power mode?

Also, I just want to say thanks to you guys in helping me resolve the issue and also shows the benefits of being part of this club :ok_hand:

I contacted dji at the same time and given them the information in my original post; they’ve just sent me an email saying re-link the aircraft to the controller!

1 Like

I always use airplane mode, force close all other apps and don’t use any power saving modes

Glad you are sorted :+1:

2 Likes

Done a few test flights and all seems fine; although, using airplane mode on the iPhone rather than low power mode; so not sure what the glitch was :man_shrugging:t2:

Thanks for all your help :+1:

Have you put it back in low power mode to try replicate it ?

2 Likes

I’m afraid to :grimacing: just in case the procedure doesn’t work next time :flushed:

That’s a shame :pensive:

It’d be great to help someone else who may have the same issue.

1 Like

I know, when I know I’m going to have time I’ll try it and let you guys know.

However, another thought, I was reminded today when I got a notification saying that there was new firmware available! :thinking:

I’m sure I got this previously, before the live video loss, and installed it not thinking; however, this time I thought I’d check.

When I had the fault the firmware installed was:-

Now the drone seems to be working fine and the firmware is:-

I’ve also checked in dji assistant 2 by connecting the drone and RC and both say they’re the current version!

I’ve since launched the dji app and no new firmware notification; so what was the notification earlier today?

Was this the cause of the issue having installed it last time?

I had the same, using a Samsung A51 android. All OK after I used it in aircraft mode. Never lose live video again. I bought the Mini2 about 12 weeks ago, and all firmware is upto date.