Mini 2 Pano Spheres (help me)

Help in the thread

Not sure what version number I am on offhand but I am not on the latest version.

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1M5uo0mY0PxHBRcMOn2PUyoHxxD_7iu3i?usp=sharing

2 Likes

So I’ve spent most of my morning trying to get sense out of DJI on this;

Upon checking extra miles, we found that it takes 26 photos to compose a sphere photo when using the DJI Mini 2, with only 1 photo used for light testing, and the remaining for composing the sphere photo.

The DJI Fly app only supports downloading the composite photo. There is no stitched panorama image in the microSD card. The original photos can be saved in JPG and DNG formats and can be obtained in the microSD card, but they cannot be obtained in DJI Fly directly.

Basically what theyre saying is… you cant do that. So if your firmware allows you to, dont update it.

Can’t understand why they have removed the option for the stitched JPEG, I still have that option because I have not update as I am running DH’s, but I never said that :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth: :wink: :face_with_open_eyes_and_hand_over_mouth:

Did you check this location on the phone

Can you view the panorama in the media gallery in DJIFLY when connected to the drone?

1 Like

What version of the app are you using?

Android or ios

This is version 1.4.2. Android

Will you be printing the image or using for social media? In my experience the in-app stitch is pretty good 9 times out of 10. I download the composite (which as you know is one long picture) to my phone from the Fly app but then take the file into an app called Tiny Planets (iOS) to create either the panosphere or even a rabbit hole. That’s assuming it’s just for social media / viewing on phone or t@blet.

If I’m going to print however I use the RAW files and merge these in Photoshop and create the Sphere in PS too.

Dave

And 1.5.10 on iOS (the very latest)

1 Like

The very latest is 1.6.2

I’m using the smart controller, although it still didnt work when I plugged my phone in.

I can view the pano on the smart controller, and i WAS having trouble getting it off there, as the bluetooth is about as much use as a chocolate fireguard, but if I put an SD card into the smart controller, I can transfer the pano to that, so hence get it on my laptop, but the metadata is wrong on it, so have to use Xifer to get it right.

If i want a high quality pano, i’ll just use my Mavic 2 Pro, but given the amazing portable nature of the mini2, i just want a way to get at least something out of it.

DJI have raised the issue to the dev team, so hopefully at some point it will be back.

Has been since it was introduced, raised lots of times all over the Mavic forums and youtube.

Exif Fixer is your friend and the author @thatkeith is a member here ;o)

1 Like

You have to do what we all have to do with the Mini 2, take the jpegs or raws from the drone sd card and use a program to compile them into pano

It’s easy and you get great results, like this

1 Like

Not me, life’s too short. I just use the app stitched one

1 Like

Yeah but he cant because he is using the SC

1 Like

It would be great if all software handled pano metadata properly, but that’s life! It’s also very easy to run an image through a process (even just sending it in Messenger) and end up with missing metadata – the result is the same: not recognised by most online services as being a panorama.

The Exif Fixer app runs on Macs and Windows (and Linux, for those that like treading that path), but it relies on things that don’t exist in Android or iOS. So there’s also a web-based version: upload an image, and you can download a copy with fresh, accurate pano-specific metadata embedded. That’s especially useful if you want to share something without having to head home to your Mac or PC.

4 Likes

Admittedly when I create the sphere’s using my Mavic 2 the process from SD card to web is a simple transfer, loads upto Facebook through my iPad easily, likewise with the pc.
Yet as soon as I use the mini 2 it takes a lot longer, I can understand how it’s frustrating to upload from other drones

<3 the lighting effects - what app did you use for that ?