Mini 2 won’t pair!

That’s good news, a nice new Drone and battery. :+1:

The (new) bird is back and has paired successfully with remote first time.

Pretty good service from DJI a 1 week turnaround which considering involved going through customs twice is pretty impressive.

DJI Care Refresh has also been updated automatically to the new serial number of the replacement.

Hopefully this doesn’t happen again, my worry is if this sort of fault happens outside the warranty period, how will DJI deal with it then. It’s clearly no fault of the pilot and could happen anytime.

Sadly it’s raining here so no test flight, but will see if I can get out for a quick test flight during lunch.

3 Likes

Like any electronics manufacturer that provides a repair service, they’ll just charge you for the full repair cost. At which point your better option would be to send it to Drone Doctor here in the UK.

Thanks for the update Ade, it’s always good to hear the full story of issues like these :+1:t2:

Any luck with a test flight today Ade?

Hi Clive. Only a quick fly around in the garden to adjust my gimbal pitch and yaw speeds back to my preferred settings. Seemed ok.

If the weather plays ball over the weekend (Saturday looks a write off with wind speeds) and I can get a window of opportunity during family/life commitments I’ll give it an extended run as sadly it’s pitch black when I leave for work and pitch black when I get home and don’t fancy putting it through its paces in the dark.

That’s good to hear Ade.

DJI are so good at sorting any problems aren’t they.

Mine went back early October after it decided to do a close inspection of our house wall!
I had taken off from the same place about 30 times but after take off I couldn’t control it at all and it dragged itself down the house wall.

I went through the procedure for sending it back and they guided me through sending a copy of the flight data etc.

After a couple of days they said it was a warranty claim and a new one arrived 2 days later.

Happy flying.

1 Like

Wow, you did well there! I had exactly the same problem with my Mini 2 in the spring, but it took a whole month before a replacement arrived from DJI, although some of that was due to it having to be posted from the Isle of Man to a UK dealership (where I bought it) before going to DJI in The Netherlands and then the delaer wanted to check it before sending it on.