Mini 3 Pro goes on holiday to Menoca

Some of my favourites from last week’s holiday to sunny Menorca.

All shots taken with the Mini 3 Pro in 48mpx mode and edited in PS from RAW files.

16 Likes

Is the fourth pic , Cuitadella ?

@JockyB It is indeed, good spot!

Thought it looked familiar. Went there about 15-17 years ago. Stayed at Sa Caleta, just down the road and visited Cuitadella nearly every day. Lovely place. :wink::wink:

1 Like

really good quality images

@grandad1950 Thanks very much :blush:

They look really great, looks a lovely place

1 Like

@johnb78 Thanks very much. It’s a lovely place, hoping to go back again next year. :smiling_face:

@robwestpix ah thats cool. Hope that you manage to go. Ive heard some nice things about Menorca but its not a place ive been yet but maybe in the future.
Looks like the Mini 3 Pro takes some decent pics, i heard such good things about that drone and im looking to invest in one in the very near future

1 Like

Impressive sharpness. A friend just got a Mini 3 Pro, and his 48MP shots look a bit soft at the top with some chromatic aberration. Did you have to do much editing on the Raws? Do you get better results from the 48 versus 12MP Raws?

1 Like

@johnb78 yeah, we’re really hoping we can get back there, prices have gone crazy though.

The Mini 3 Pro is a fantastic little drone, really worth investment, I hope you take the plunge!

@BingBong

Thank you. I’m really impressed with the picture quality. From the RAW files I generally do a little sharpening and noise reduction, pull the highlights and lighten the shadows.
Bright scenes can throw up a little purple fringeing on high contrast areas, but easily sorted using the optics slider. I sometimes use NIK Effects to add a little texture, but not always.

I’ll have to admit, I’ve pretty much exclusively used the 48mpx option so don’t have a lot of comparison between the two. I prefer the ‘squarer’ shape of the 48mpx shots though.

Fantastic photos. The close up boat is awesome :ok_hand:

1 Like

Thanks for the detail. I thought DJI might have done more pre-processing on the 12MP files on chromatic abberation and so on with the pixel-binning. I’m surprised the format ratio is different. Maybe they can be set separately for 12 and 48MP? I have grown fond of the native 3:2 format on my Air 2S, and of course, it’s 22mm equivalent rather than 24mm. I could do with a sub 250g beastie too, but might wait to see what the Mini 4 Pro brings :wink:

@robwestpix that is the trouble with things at the moment so many prices going sky high. Fingers crossed for you though that you get to go back.

I have heard a lot of good things about tge Mini 3 Pro. I am really considering it, hopefully within the next couple of months, just making sure have the money together to allow me to purchase it

1 Like

Great photos, did you get any hassle when taking the photos?

@FoleyMrs Thank you. I love a ‘top down’ shot of a boat. This was a pretty big boat too, quite an impressive thing!

@BingBong I’ll have to have a deeper look into the differences. As far as I can tell, the aspect ratio is fixed for both 12 and 48 mpx.

I’m intrigued into what the Mini 4 will bring. Likely the omni directional sensors from the Air 3 and the newer RC controller. Can’t see them changing the lens/ sensor/ gimbal too much.

I’ve got my sights on an Air 3 next )although not for a while!)

1 Like

@heronlen Thanks very much.
No, quite the opposite. I had a few people- tourists and locals chat to me about the drone, all were really interested to see the area from above and had no issue at all.

1 Like

Useful thread here on aspect ratios.

The Mini 3 Pro sensor is native 4:3, and 48MP won’t let you change as it needs the full frame. It sounds like you have 12MP set to 16:9, which is just a crop of the 4:3 frame, so could be changed to 4:3 when connected to the drone. No 3:2 option strangely. The Air 2S sensor is 3:2 native which I like, but all recent ones including the Mavic 3 range are 4:3 (a 4/3 sensor obviously has to be that).

I think you are probably right about Mini Pro 4 changes. I wonder what they’ve got in mind for the Air 3S in a year or so. I doubt they’ll have room for a 1" sensor with two cameras, and they would be different sensor sizes. The Air 3 looks a classy beast, but not much smaller than a Mavic 3 Pro!

1 Like