Mini 3 Pro Payload capacity

Hi all,

Wondered if anyone had tested, or found online how much extra weight the mini 3 pro can carry. I can see the extended battery is approx 40g heavier than the base, and the Mini 2 for comparison can carry approx 200 g of extra weight.

I’m looking at adding 60g approx, should be around the centre of mass as well, should be fine but interested to know what the limit is.

Is that documented somewhere? :thinking:

Any reason you can’t test your Mini 3 in your back garden with your intended payload?

From the great wisdom of random articles on Google to be honest.

Yes I could test it with a dummy weight, however part of the payload is a battery so I can scale battery size to better fit the capacity. Also before risking my own wanted to know if anyone else has already done it :joy:

2 Likes

Quick follow up to this, whilst not a maximum weight, I can say the Mini3 will happily take off and fly at 310 g TOM, doesn’t even throw any warnings on the display (I know the Mini2 used to go into a ‘payload’ mode if you added weight past a point)

You can also happily stick a payload very close to the vision sensors without it disrupting them.

So with that said, here’s introducing the first prototype RTK capable* Mini 3 Pro! Just waiting for a small cable to move the antenna mounting to the top of the drone, as it is if you stick the whole assembly up there it blocks the inbuilt GPS a bit too much

*Technically PPK if you go out of WiFi connection range, and the drone itself doesn’t actually use the high precision data you have to postprocess the images with it