Mini 4 Pro Lens Hood

Thanks!

Would these work on the mini 3 pro ? Same camera I think ?

If the camera dimensions are the same, then yes, if you can measure the width and depth, tell you what I’ll take some pictures of where to measure and post later after church.

1 Like

:flushed:

Where the black plastic is shiny inside the hood, you can use photographic matt black paint to prevent reflections.

So far it’s had no effect to footage but having said that, if it’s an issue then Matt filament can be used too, I’ll be printing a test print in PLA-Carbon which is matt which I had intended to print too.

Dunno PingSpike, they look exactly the same on the outside ?

1 Like

So chased after packaging but no luck, as the hood would be crushed if just thrown into a jiffy, I’ve designed a simple but crude protective enclosure for posting…:thinking:

1 Like

Camera dimensions

looking head on if the width is ~23-24mm and depth ~19mm then it will fit otherwise let me have precise Vanier calliper measurement as it will be just a dimensional change to print one for the Mini 3…

1 Like

@wrsdrone, @Jiffie, @JockyB
To save you having to wait for me to get ASA in I can print in PLA-Carbon, the reason I wanted ASA is that it prints at high temperatures that forms a very good and durable bond and most importantly it’s UV resistant.

If you’d like PLA-Carbon, give a thumps up and I’ll DM you the all in price…and if you’re happy I’ll print.

Thanks, Njoro,

But I’m happy to wait for the ASA

regards,
William

1 Like

Just to let you know that ABS is at a par with ASA the differences are minor, ABS is now in at Bambu Store and I’ve ordered a reel, I have other projects that need ABS / ASA but can’t wait.

Are you happy to proceed in ABS?

Thanks. If there’s negligible difference, I’m happy to proceed, but let me know the price.

William

1 Like

Just measured mine and to be honest it seems to be the same size ( measured with my trusty tape measure) Let me know how much for one (any plastic ) :+1:

1 Like

Just to let you know that ABS is at a par with ASA the differences are minor, ABS is now in at Bambu Store and I’ve ordered a reel, I have other projects that need ABS / ASA but can’t wait.

Are you happy to proceed in ABS?

Blockquote

Hi Njoro, I’m happy to proceed with the ABS.

Geoff

1 Like

Just completed printing PLA-Carbon for testing stiffness and quality…these will workout cheaper to print from an energy consumption point of view….

Flawless…

4 Likes

IMG_1101

1 Like

@JoeC, I’ll give you a shout soon as filament arrives or can ship you the PLA-Carbon type…

1 Like

Thanks :slight_smile: :+1: Between the weather and my duff back, there’s no rush. :rofl:

1 Like