More from the Highlands

Managed to get out again today after the wind subsided and the rain relented. Still very cold and worryingly had the gimbal reset spa few times (any one else seeing this) but opgot a few nice shots…

3 Likes

Spectacular shots mate

Loving that second shot :+1:

Re gimbal resets, are you noticing a pattern at all? Does it only happen when you fly below 5C?

The cold is the only thing I can put it down to, I will pay more attention to it now!

I’ve flown in much lower temps … down to -10C … without gimbal issues.

Just a random thought, some may be more sensitive to the cold than others…

I don’t actually know, I’m just throwing it out there :blush:

Hmm, I will keep an eye on it. Scary when it happens as the picture rolls all over the place, almost like the Mavic has gone free fall, scared the crap out of me the first time. After about 15 seconds it all comes back to life again.

I think I’m more sensitive to the cold than my MP! Was sat in an MX5 with the roof down, heater on, and flying in the New Forest yesterday.

Lol, that must be a funny sight

:wink:

(I was the passenger!)

1 Like

Love it!

Ohhh yes!

Same here!

Mine was heading out over water at the time too :open_mouth:

https://greyarrows.s3-eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/original/1X/30e21843a2b8cc7b8b31f266de6e11ffd723198c.MP4

It’s a northern thing … :wink:

That’s the one lol. Never a good time for it to happen and I guess once you’ve had it a couple of times you are more relaxed aa out it.

The only other thing I can think is that when mine happened it was always very windy (and cold), but I’ll make more of a note next time to try and spot an exact pattern if there’s is one, thankfully it doesn’t happen too often.