MP Battery Rapid Discharge Device?

I’m opening the charge hub …. at least if I eff it up it doesn’t stop me flying. :wink:

Right … meter! Nothing to eff up! :+1::+1:

Comes apart easily … :wink:

Symetrical …

Pin 1 = data
Pin 2 = -ve
Pin 3 = -ve
Pin 4 = +ve
Pin 5 = +ve
Pin 6 = +ve
Pin 7 = +ve
Pin 8 = -ve
Pin 9 = -ve
Pin 10 = data

Makes sense - seeing the thickness of those wires and the size of the connector pins … spreading the current between 4 pins each way.

So - for max rate draining I’m thinking it’s probably sensible to use all 8 connectors.

My bet is that, the reason for 4 separate pairs of connectors is to be able to manage the Battery data per cell.
Probably the battery data is sent to the Go4 App, to be able to monitor each cells voltage, etc.

Not possible with just one +ve and one -ve wire, though. Just load spreading.

That will be done via the data connections.

Ummmm?, see your reasoning for that Dave !.
Will be interesting to see how them pins pair up.

1 Like

Just need to check the max sensible current to drain and then find a suitable resistance to provide that.

Looked at several flights on AirData - even cruising @ 30mph for 15mins it’s not going above 10 amps.

… and that coding is suggesting one shouldn’t get over-concerned @ even 15 amps.

So - based for 12v - 12 amps needs a resistance of 1Ω ( R = V ÷ I ).

Needs to have some balls …. Watts = V x I = 144 watts.

This will be handy!!!

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Balance-Charger-Cable-B6AC-For-DJI-MAVIC-PRO-Drone-RC-Battery-Charging-Cable/272740681898

LOL! If I’d looked for that earlier, I wouldn’t have had to open the charge hub! :rofl:

1 Like

Sometime Dave, the screwdriver comes out ,before the brain has engaged !.
Wonder if the same applies to the MP2 and the Air?

Probably.

Story of my youth…:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Actually, I’d done a load of googling for MP battery connectors without any joy. I bumped into this almost by accident.

Hmmm - quite a hefty resistor for 150w, as I anticipated.

1 Like

Could use a combination of smaller resistors but be warned they get pretty hot.

My lipo charger has a discharge facility which can be set to a max of 6 amp and varies the load to maintain it as voltage drops.

I like the idea of a pair of 12v 60w lamps in series as well so you can see that something is actually happening.

Was trying to create something compact … but failing with that objective so far. :stuck_out_tongue:

That resistor is

121 mm x 47.5 mm x 24.1 mm

The idea being, if it was compact, one could take on holiday to discharge ready for the return flight.

1 Like

Compact is always the difficulty.

150w is a lot of heat.

You could use something smaller like a heating element but they have quite a high thermal resistance change which you don’t want.

You’ve got me thinking now…

1 Like