Music for vids

This might have been asked before but what is the deal on using music on video content.
Can you use copyright? Is there a time of music clips alowed ? Is any good sites for free music?
If a friend allowed his music can people then steal that ?
So many questions sorry if this has been covered before but things change so fast on tinter net :crazy_face:

1 Like

There’s plenty of rights free stuff online. Normally you just need to credit the creator somewhere to be able to use it. Try bensound.com for a starting point

2 Likes

There’s also our own @EricMatyas’ thread of free to use, if credited, music.

https://greyarro.ws/t/sharing-my-music-and-sound-fx-over-1400-tracks/1455

2 Likes

Even better!

4 Likes

Why can’t you have more than one solve solution ?

2 Likes

LOL! :+1:

Because there’s always one answer that’s better than the others. :wink:

YouTube also has a free-to-use music library here

Don’t know what it’s like, YouTube are THE WORST when it comes to music copyright, they have an automated system which detects copyrighted material, but it’s shit. It’s been picking up ridiculously random stuff like birdsong or general background noise and taken it down, asked the company they think owns it if they do, and they just say yes so it gets removed.

If I upload anything to YT I’ll probably either use their library or produce my own music and trademark it like a mofo with complete audit trails. It’s irritating a lot of people at the moment.

2 Likes

This is an interesting subject.

I don’t understand why most people have a desperate psychopathic need to contaminate all of
their You-tube drone videos with mentally disturbing dog-crap “music.”

If flying over lakes and trees, the sound on the video should be bird song and running water, recorded at the ground level,
or the sounds of waves crashing on rocks when flying over sea cliffs, which would be a lot more appropriate
to convey the scene and atmosphere of the place and surroundings of which the video is showing.

… or no sound at all.