Must-have apps?

The opening line in that About link says “Drone Scene is operated by the Grey Arrows Drone Club.”

Actually, an FAQ sheet would be quite useful. Not that I need it now, but I spent a lot of hours in here trying to find all the info I needed at the start. A single page would be handy for the newbies?

1 Like

https://greyarro.ws/faq

Cheers @DeanoG60 but I meant for stuff like drone regs, useful apps and documentation. Basically an FAQ for new pilots on where to find all the info in one thread.

1 Like

Darren with the way regulations change at the moment, and the way even the CAA confuse and contradict themselves, it probably wouldn’t be a good idea for us to try and maintain legal advice in a FAQ section. I think the best we could do would be to have links to the relevant CAA pages.

I didn’t mean GADC giving legal advice. But more as you point out, to provide links to where all the relevant info can be found. Links to apps like Litchi, Dronescene, CAA, dronetweeks etc, what they are and why you might want to use them.
Plus some other useful stuff, like have fun but don’t be a dick!

1 Like

Hey, just reference Heliguy, that’ll be good enough :wink:
My prev. message above is actually a serious attempt at writing that missing FAQ

@stevesb ill look into Windy as I’m often flying over the sea, tide times would be very handy.

@eastsuffolkdrone Simon i edited your post to flag the right person who you were replying to, which was me not Rich @PingSpike

1 Like

Sorry, and thanks for reminding me.

@stevesb Do you know if it’s Windy.app or Windy.com?

Windy App. On google play.

Thanks, Steve,

Downloaded and paid for (there’s an offer on) for a year, The free offer only lasts a week. so I’ll suck it and see.

I’m going to enjoy this!

Simon

Ive never paid and been using it for at least 3 years. Whether thats because it was free when i first got it ( i can’t remember) and have sort of grandfather rights i don’t know. I fo get messages to upgrade now and again. But ignore them.

1 Like

I’ve lucked out on occasion, this time with only seven days free, I thought they’d get me, so just paid the £34. :+1:

I binned UAV Forecast for Ventusky and it’s proved to be spot on for when I’ve recently flown. :+1:

@HantsFlyer,

Did you spot the winds not changing direction?
No comparison; Ventusky all the way! Though, having said that I suppose it depends on why you look to UAV, there are plenty of functioning parts on it.

1 Like

I use

It’s Web-based or app-based and it’s free

If i’m going to travel somewhere, I’ll just go by the standard weather forecast. If It’s somewhere I’m already near, I’ll look out the window. E.g. Clouds are moving pretty fast right now. I think I’ll pass.

Airdata AUV is a must for me.

It breaks your flight down into so many points and with it you can get a load of data about how your battery coped with the flight, you get a picture of the topography with your flight overlaid it.

It provides you with pointers where you dropped connection and it does so much more that it waste the page detailing it.