My delve in to the world of the DJI Inspire

Well, there’s “Rare as rocking horse shit” here in the UK, then there’s the SmartPower Charge SPC M100 charger.

Behold…

I was getting seriously fed up of waiting absolutely hours on end for my 180w charger to go through each battery in the DJI hub one by one and I had my eye out for one of these for a while now.

This box of tricks contains no less than 500 watts of raw charging power, complete with dual cooling fans and multiple outlets on the side too.

I’m pretty sure the lights dimmed my house when I first turned this on.

I bought this second hand from the USA, never seen one for sale in the UK and I sure as hell wasn’t about to pay £500 quid for a charger!

I was trying to work out if the battery bays are actually made from stripped down DJI Battery Warmers? :thinking:

Anyway, the single most important part, blue LED displays (although the camera on my phone makes this look a bit purple :man_shrugging:)

There are two 26v outlets on the side of the charger (as well as two USB outlets), so you can charge both Inspire controllers at the same time, or, one charger and one CrystalSky Hub with two batteries in it.

For some reason mine didn’t come with the all important male-to-male charging cables - which is odd as I think they’re supplied as standard?

I couldn’t find any such cable online so I bought four of these remote controller cable kits (Spare Part No. 34) for a few quid on eBay.

I promptly then chopped the square battery connectors off the end of the power cables and set about making my own male-to-male power cables.

Job done.

These now plug neatly in to the side of the charger and offer the choice of charging multiple controllers, or a combo of CS batteries + single controller.

The end result? Charging four TB48s(!) at the same time, plus a controller, plus two CrystalSky batteries, and I’ve still got two USB ports to play with :bowing_man:

Sorted :+1:t2:

4 Likes