My delve in to the world of the DJI Inspire

Taller legs might be handy! Wouldn’t want it lading in fully-down position. :fearful:

That should do the trick :rofl:

2 Likes

Good move! That can be the counterbalance AND battery! :+1:

2 Likes

I just need to hire a crane to lift the drone in the air now and swing it around a bit, and we’re sorted :rofl:

1 Like

The Inspire should handle the 500g of the lens + counterbalance.
The counterbalance could be arranged smaller at a large distance … if there’s room for it to move unimpeded. Might only work through a limited angle of rotation and tilt. Would still be interesting to try.

Perhaps try the 12-60mm first. :wink:

That has a nice f/2.8 to play with. :+1:

PS … You can delete all that bollox if you want to keep it on topic. :wink:

Soooooo!

My route to an X5 wasn’t going too well, they cost a bloody fortune on their own :confused:

At times I was even looking at Inspire 1 Pro’s with a view to simply keeping the camera and flogging the drone, case, batteries, controllers etc. But if I split everything I’d have trouble selling the drone on its own. Similarly, an Inspire with no camera wouldn’t fetch very much on eBay.

In the end, I bought a second hand Osmo Pro.

Full kit, complete 101 aftermarket accessories too. Then what I did was to simply keep the X5 camera and lens and then sell off everything else. I think I had around 15x eBay sales going on at the same time with all sorts of Osmo Pro bits and pieces! Once eBay had fleeced me for their usual 10% or whatever it is these days, I had still earned enough on the sale(s) of all the other accessories to dramatically offset the cost of the X5 :+1:t2:

One part of the Osmo Pro kit that I didn’t sell though, was the DJI hard case that it comes with.

Not sure who makes these cases for DJI but it’s pretty rock solid with decent catches too.

Anyway, out with the Osmo Pro moulded foam and in with some new pick’n’pluck!

Job’s a goodun’ :+1:t2:

Not sure what I’m going to put in here yet…

It’s big enough to store the X3, the Z3 and the X5 so it might become an Inspire Camera Case yet. Or it’s also big enough to hold the CrystalSky and the Titan Atlas, so it might end up being used for those.

Or!

I’m still toying with the idea of a ground station as I’ve got most of the pieces already…

Remember the Titan Tactical from a few years back?

I was thinking I could stick the CrystalSky on the inside as per that photo, then strip the Atlas apart and build it in to the lower half of the hard case, with the antenna whips mounted on the outside, again as per that photo.

I’ve already got 10ft long antenna leads so it’d mean the only thing in my hand would be the controller (for either the Mavic or the Inspire) and everything else could be mounted in this hard case.

Hmmmm… :thinking:

3 Likes

I’m no 3D printing expert as you well know! But I think they’ve melted the shine onto the gimbal lock using acetone or some such!

Love the inspire 1 carbon wrap!!

1 Like

Ohhhhhh that’s not a wrap @Longstride :grin:

This bad boy has been hydrodipped: My hydro dipped DJI Inspire

:wink:

2 Likes

Nice project pingspike all ways liked the inspires, they look pretty cool raising the legs.

1 Like

Never mind the MP2 upgrade @JonD mate, there are some Inspire bargains to be had on eBay :wink:

2 Likes

@PingSpike as I shuffle off to look at fleabay :roll_eyes:

I might be tempted to sell two of mine :wink:

AirData have picked up on the X5 upgrade too…

Before:

And after:

:+1:t2:

1 Like

Well, there’s “Rare as rocking horse shit” here in the UK, then there’s the SmartPower Charge SPC M100 charger.

Behold…

I was getting seriously fed up of waiting absolutely hours on end for my 180w charger to go through each battery in the DJI hub one by one and I had my eye out for one of these for a while now.

This box of tricks contains no less than 500 watts of raw charging power, complete with dual cooling fans and multiple outlets on the side too.

I’m pretty sure the lights dimmed my house when I first turned this on.

I bought this second hand from the USA, never seen one for sale in the UK and I sure as hell wasn’t about to pay £500 quid for a charger!

I was trying to work out if the battery bays are actually made from stripped down DJI Battery Warmers? :thinking:

Anyway, the single most important part, blue LED displays (although the camera on my phone makes this look a bit purple :man_shrugging:)

There are two 26v outlets on the side of the charger (as well as two USB outlets), so you can charge both Inspire controllers at the same time, or, one charger and one CrystalSky Hub with two batteries in it.

For some reason mine didn’t come with the all important male-to-male charging cables - which is odd as I think they’re supplied as standard?

I couldn’t find any such cable online so I bought four of these remote controller cable kits (Spare Part No. 34) for a few quid on eBay.

I promptly then chopped the square battery connectors off the end of the power cables and set about making my own male-to-male power cables.

Job done.

These now plug neatly in to the side of the charger and offer the choice of charging multiple controllers, or a combo of CS batteries + single controller.

The end result? Charging four TB48s(!) at the same time, plus a controller, plus two CrystalSky batteries, and I’ve still got two USB ports to play with :bowing_man:

Sorted :+1:t2:

4 Likes

That’s one mean “son of a bitch” of a charger Rich !

1 Like

Sure is Chris!

I’m wondering if there’s some kind of adaptor out there that would allow me to use this to charge Mavic Pro batteries too? :thinking:

Not looked at voltage differences though - would need research.

Were you after a black one in particular Rich?
I believe the black was brought out for the Matrice batteries but I may be wrong, I have seen a few white ones for sale since buying mine.
Have you tried the Deep Cycle yet? Don’t hold your breath :laughing:

Forgot to add that mine came with both remote charging leads, the only thing missing was the little caps for the terminals but I think they might have been a pain and in the way anyway.
Also the white one has a nice Inspire graphic on the front.

(Strange URL - but correct result - depending on exact size needed)