My first attempt with manual settings on P4P

This was shot around Upper/Lower Neuadd & Ponsticill reservoirs.
Turn the sound up, hope you enjoy.

3 Likes

Perfect first submission for the Treasure Hunt Competition … for the Steam Train item! :slight_smile:

The dry reservoir @ 1:15 … do you know if that’s due to lack of rain or is it just not used any more?

Edit:
I Googled … apparently drained intentionally due to instability of the dam.
http://www.waterprojectsonline.com/case_studies/2016/DCWW_Upper_Neuadd_Dam_2016.pdf

Like your pics - thought I recognised from when I used to paraglide around this area often. The reservoir was full in those days, though.

Thank you, you’ve answered your question before I had a chance of replying :grinning:
It’s a shame, I suppose it would cost far too much to repair.
I’m guessing that you are from or used to live in South Wales?

1 Like

Nope - Southern England … Southampton and Dorset.
For paragliding, there aren’t many good thermal sites down here, so often went to Black Mountains / Brecons / Merthryr areas.

1 Like

That definitely explains how you know the area, there is so much for that around those areas you mention.

Also why I recognise landmarks. A few thousand feet up you get time whilst in the air to look down. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Do you still do it? I bet it is amazing, and probably scary until you get used to it :laughing:

Not done it much recently … just can’t afford the driving about looking for where conditions are good that day … endlessly. LOL!

Never found it scary. It seems ridiculously safe, actually.
At 8,000ft above Bassano in north Italy, hearing Italian Airforce jets … SOMEWHERE … was probably the most disconcerting. Never did see them. Probably beneath me.

1 Like

:open_mouth: Rather you than me :rofl:

1 Like

Used to have a tandem setup and take people up. But the less I was able to fly the less I felt I should continue doing that. It’s a shame.
Taking people up so that they get to find out how much fun it is was probably my favourite paragliding.

1 Like

It would have to be a big one to get me off the ground :rofl:

1 Like

120kgs+me was my limit.

1 Like