My first drone video: Praa Sands, Cornwall

Praa Sands is one of my favourite beaches locally to me here in Cornwall.

This is my first ever drone video also the first time editing a video in Premier Pro (something I havve been meaning to do for years). Please can you give me some feedback and if there is anything you feel that I could do to improve I am all ears.

Enjoy!!

4 Likes

It does look fabulous.
I did exactly what you did in my 1st videos. Too many straight lines.
I got some good advice from @Hotrodspike here

@PPL Yeah it’s only when you get home you realise you don’t have an circular shots or radial pans.

I found the beach pretty hard to shoot to be fair as there isn’t really one focal point to shot at compared to say a landmark.

Thanks for the advice

What a lovely looking place. I’ve done a few videos using various drones and only using Windows Movie Maker (WMM) as the editor. I’m not great at it and can only suggest a couple of things that you might find handy in ‘post editing’ the video for the likes of YouTube etc…
Try to keep some sort of flow as you edit, moving slowly from ‘related’ scene to related scene without skipping back and forth. Slowly moving on to another area.
Also, try putting a ‘fade’ transition between each clip to ease the viewer into the next video clip. Nothing fancy, just a simple fade will do.
Hope this is helpful for you. Good luck :slight_smile:

All helpful tips, I think i just needed to plan this out a little better. I just grabbed my drone and went for a walk with the family.

The cuts I tried on this were mainly done to the beat of the track so the fade doesn’t work but I think for longer footage I will use softer music and fades. Its a learning curve.

Very true. I’ve still a lot to learn about taking the actually clips and adjusting the settings in the new Mini SE, but I’ll get there :slight_smile: I’m getting on a bit so things don’t seem to sink in as fast as they used too.

Hi @TMVideos, I found this YouTube tutorial really good. It was informative and well put together.

There are more than 7, but it’s a great starter that helped me.

That’s funny as I was watching that video last night. It’s very good.