My first UFO filmed over North Shropshire- Any Ideas?

I’d sent my Mavic-2-Zoom directly up above me last week on 10th August 2023 at 14:30hrs.
It was at an altitude of around 70metres, & I was just having a scan at the surrounding fields to see if any combine harvestors were out nearby for an upcoming photography project.
I was in the air for less than 3 minutes having not seen anything of interest, but when I viewed the footage later that evening I noticed the ‘White Object’ flying towards & just underneath me.

Ive slowed down the footage & tried to stabilize the object along its track, but Ive still no idea what it was - Any ideas?

Those barns are located 1km away, & looks like I was on full (2x) zoom.

Insect

Just escaped the laboratory smoking a fag.

I did wonder about the possibility as I often see insects illuminated brightly by the Infra Red of my CCTV cameras at night, but Ive yet to see an insect glowing brightly whilst flying in a straight line during the day.

I guess the main problem here would be one of scale:-
Even though it looks like the object originates somewhere near the barns, for all I know it might just be a few feet away.

However - I’m open to any ideas :grinning:

I would say a seed head off of something. Similar to a dandelion it was probably up on the breeze.

1 Like

legacy DJI drone in atti mode travelling fast

1 Like

I’ve got similar footage which shows something ghostly descending followed by flying towards and past my drone….

I’ll look for the footage….

Looks just like a DJI Mini 2 in sports mode

3 Likes

Looks like a Phantom of some sort (DJI type)!

6 Likes

Does look like another drone.

3 Likes

I’d second a DJi Phantom flying at max speed.

4 Likes

Although there’s aspects in the close up shots that indicate a horizontal spinning “cross” shape, I think I’d have got a much sharper shot of a largish drone approaching at under 50mph

2 Likes

Exactly what I thought.

3 Likes

To me that looks like one of these (thistle seed) thats alot closer than it looks

(The photos from google before anyone questions my choice of nail colour)

Either a small feather or similar bit of a plant with a seed in it. Once you know, you can’t unsee it.

I guess there are a lot of these around at the moment, but that doesnt answer why it would have appeared to be glowing as white so much.
It also appears to have floated around a bit when it first became visible, before sort of launching itself in my general direction in that straight line - very strange :thinking:

It seems to be flying too straight to be a seed or similar imo

When I first saw it I had poor connection and it really really looked like a white insect walking across the frame.

And now with better bandwidth, looks so much like a drone zooming underneath yours. (As others have said)

I thought dandelion or drone myself.

I love these little flying fairies :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes