My Latest Drone Video - Please share your thoughts! | Life is an Adventure | 4K

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-UxkbVIx3Qo

Here my latest video, please share your thoughts. Feedback is appreciated :smiley:

7 Likes

Feedback - first shot, get rid of it. It has the dreaded OSMO walking up and down bounce which is immediately disconcerting.

The rest of the video - nice shots, some interesting reveals. I wanted to see a little more of the clifftop castle, maybe just over the roof to see what lay beyond. Nice sea shots but in the two that featured breaking waves the white foam was too burnt out. I am being hypercritical but, as a degree level ex photographer with advertising and aerial experience I feel justified :slight_smile:

Overall a very watchable and enjoyable video, even the somewhat cliche sunset shot at the end worked well with the camera moving slightly upwards to show more of the sun. I can live with the burnt out foam, especially if you can reduce the shot length but the first shot - get rid!

It is really difficult to do stadicam/gimbal/OSMO shots when walking, at least when I try it I find it really difficult to avoid the up and down bounce . So introduce movement by raising the viewpoint from ground to overhead or, if you must, a slow, slow pan.

Give yourself a pat on the back though - far more in it to praise rather than criticise - 88/100 :slight_smile:

Loved it, tranquil and music suited it well :+1:keep em coming

I enjoyed the variety, the colours and the reflections. I could have done with more help following the plot, but that’s the story of my life!

Nice and relaxing

There didn’t seem to be a story so I found it all a bit disjointed. There are some great clips especially the one revealing the castle at the top of the cliff and a few others, but there didn’t seem to be any connection between the clips. The music was good and had a relaxing affect.

I’m with @macspite on this and much of my feedback would be similar.

I wasn’t overly impressed at the beginning, then it really started to get interesting. You were creeping up to some sort of hidden lagoon at 28 seconds in. I SOOO wanted to see that. I literally sat up in bed!

You then started to really impress me. I started to feel like this was some epic journey from amateur to professional as you clearly started to really get to grips with the cinematography. The run up to both castles was epic, as was the sun set and the cheeky little car chase was like a clip from a 2015 Ford Fiesta advert :+1:.

Overall, you slow great patience, self control and you clearly have a good camera eye and I wouldn’t be surprised if you’d had some industry training. If not, then still, great result, well done.

1 Like