My mavic 2 firmware upgrade nightmare!

Hi all,thought i would have to send my mp2 back,as could not get the firmware to update!tried my phone,but updates failed every time at 15%,so than tried dji assistant 2,again updates failed at 15%,so as a last ditch attempt,before sending it back,and in desperation,tried updating via my ipad mini 4.SUCCESS:sweat::sweat:,THANK GOD I DIDN’T send it back,guess i will put this one down to experience,but would still like to know why.:persevere::persevere:.Anyway,now i might to get to actually get this bird off the ground,wish there were more hours in the day:grinning::grinning: Now all i have to do is go fly,i just need to find some time,as been so tied up with work,and maintenance on the house.:drooling_face::drooling_face:

1 Like

What a bummer! … especially since one of the release notes to the latest Go4 was improving firmware update success rate.

GLAD it’s OK, now! Looking forward to seeing results from your first flight! … whatever the view is like. :+1:

2 Likes

@OzoneVibe,Thanks,Dave,looking forward to getting her in the air alas i have that dreaded "new drone"syndrome:sweat:,but hopefully will get past that quickly as my confidence grows with the bird! :sweat_smile::grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

Little tip mate.

Forget about auto focus. Stick it in manual focus and tap the infinity icon.

Everything is nice and sharp and you don’t need to worry about focusing.

If you do want to focus on something close up you can stick it back in auto.

1 Like

Thanks callum saw that also on a youtube vid,will do just that.BTW,do i need AE locked or unlocked?

1 Like

I’ve only had a quick test flight with camera in auto and AE unlocked.

If your planning in shooting video in auto you could lock exposure if there are going to be lighting differences in that scene.

With the MP I usually shot in manual.

With M2P I’ll probably use shutter priority, and let the camera handle the rest.

1 Like

@callum Cheers mate will give that a try than will post a few pics.Please dont laugh at my first attempts,I can easily do that myself:rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Don’t worry mate, mine were pretty uninspiring. A picture of a road and some trees :rofl:

2 Likes

But amazing resolution! Could almost count the leaves on the trees! :+1:

2 Likes

@callum,Well, at least you got your bird in the air,mine has yet to get off the ground!!:rofl::grinning:

1 Like

I have been reading on another Forum of peeps who have had trouble with the Main Board on the MP2 Overheating, even in a hover!.
I have always updated my birds with some sort of fan blowing onto the front, to keep it cool, while it is updating.
Just my 5 penneth worth

1 Like

I seen that. Was just one person.

Glad you mentioned this though as what I did notice is when the arms are folded it covers the air intakes.

With the MP I used to do firmware updates with it folded up on table but looks to be pretty important they are unfolded with the M2.

1 Like

It’s because it’s got more shit onboard that can go wrong