National Trust Little Moreton Hall - Oi was that you flying a drone over our Hall?

@Bilbo thx Paul. Glad you liked it :+1:

Looking fwd to the Calke Abbey one - been trying to work out how best to fly there as its really deep into the property - Staunton Harold is a bit easier as you have the B587 quite near to it.
Cracking stuff Colin as usual.

1 Like

You are right. It made me check my list to make sure I had you place on it :+1:t2:

Sorry Russ, can you point me in the right direction within the regs that refer to NT please?

Being NT members, quite an admission, my wife and I wonder if the NT don’t like videos of places they own being see in a public domain that they don’t have control over, becuase they want us all to pay to see them?

1 Like

Excelłent Video and commentary, thanks for taking the time to do all the research and then sharing it so professionally.

1 Like

I think they are just set in their way and do not like to hear. I guess there are some people who are just a nuicence with drones. Before I had a drone, there was one above our garden a few times. It was annoying.

That makes sense too but the only difference a drone can see more is from above. All day long people are taking photos and videos from ground level and posting them everywhere. A drone can not replace being there. Last night we went to a show, they said, film us, take photos, post them. If I was to see a video it would not be anywhere close to being there. These drone videos are great for people who want to visit, they can see what to expect, they can see a car park distance, they can get a feel for the place, they find out about places that they did not know existed. If I was not a drone owner, I would still not be bothered by video’s of public places. If I owned land where people paid to come in then I would still be happy for people to film it. My concern would be not knowing who the operator was and their intentions. The NT should say, “yes you can film, just ask first”. When I fly I find that if I just tell people that it will not come near them they are happier. Just a quick meet makes it better. Apart from the height, there are plenty of videos and photos of ground level that are all ok.

1 Like

@nje Thx Neil. A video usually takes me a week from start to finish and research, re-writing script etc and voice recording all add to the experience I think, and ulimately the enjoyment of owning a drone. One of the best and humble feelings in the world is having something that you put a lot of effort into, without having much in the way of creative and artistic talent, being enjoyed by your peers so thanks so much for your comments. :blush:

1 Like

@LE60LAD Thx Peter. Yes, I’ve looked into it a few times and in my earlier drone experience misinterpretated the FRZ, but have since realised it’s Class D. I think, I will rely heavily on my DJI Gimbal but use @firstadekit Ade’s DS TOAL spot here for some drone shots. Also there is a public path that runs North East of the Hall that leads to the Weirs where their boundary ends, which is closer. DS is your friend! :blush:

Well said sir :clap:t2:

1 Like

@Shane22 100% right Shane. The NT are all about protecting their own interests and bully others who try to expand on their own efforts to show off their beautiful properties and estates. I am a member and always will be as long as I can travel and get around their properties. The thing is, there are lots who are not as fortunate as myself as well as many other able bodied individuals who can visit to see 1st hand the rich historical value of these places. I like to think, that our video’s add to the plethora of others out there for people less fortunate to enjoy from the comfort of there own home. :hugs:

1 Like

I mean all drones <250g

Hi Colin, I wanted to say again how much my wife and I love your videos, and we would not off known Little Moreton Hall excited otherwise, just love the voice over explaining all about Little Moreton Hall and the work gose into making these videos. Other videos just play music and no voice over.
Thanks again and looking forward to the next one.

There are already workarounds for remote ID removal, and what about home builds.

They had opportunity when they introduced the categories a few years ago and didn’t. To do it now would be near on impossible, how would they police it, and again what about self builds, and all the hackers out there ;o)

@milkmanchris Hi Chris Isn’t there a thread for this that hopefully put Kevin’s mind to rest about it? :thinking:

Cheers Kevin, and me, just waiting for the weather to get better. :frowning_face:

I thought that the little carpark at the end of the road - the TOAL site and most of that side of the road was all NT land due to the signage at the carpark - should have checked good old DS for sure - thanks for that heads up Colin

1 Like

@LE60LAD Here you go Peter. Calke Abbey DS and OS search. :+1:

1 Like