National Trust Little Moreton Hall - Oi was that you flying a drone over our Hall?

Was at Little Moreton Hall a few weeks back and after we had been round the place and had our obligatory cream tea, I left the missus in the gift shop and took the drone up just outside the National Trust boundary (which is not far as it’s a small site adjacent to the A34).

Did the business and was just packing the mini3Pro away when I heard a shout from behind me “Oi was that you flying the drone over the Hall?” (or words to that affect). The NT guy came over all righteous but calmed down a bit when I stood up to him. We were on the grass verge next to the road and B’mers where racing passed at +mph. The guy followed me back onto the site and asked me my name, which I respectfully declined to give, but followed by giving him my usual lecture on why my flight was perfectly legal. He wasn’t aware that the NT policy had changed relatively recently and said he would check it, but would report it anyway. I said type in Google ‘CAA drone Regs’ while your at it and at this point point the missus arrived so we left it at that.

Didn’t do an introduction this time for obvious reasons but hope you enjoy it anyway.

Drone scene location :point_down:

11 Likes

Another middle finger to the trust. Love it.

Nice video too! :smiley:

3 Likes

@firstadekit Thx Ade. Now where is that NT Handbook map? :rofl:

1 Like

Great video, would really like to buy the DJI Mini 4 Pro, but this is one off the reason’s why I have not. Even if the CAA drone Regs say we can, also I think by 2024/25 will all mini’s will be banned.

Based on what ?

2 Likes

Lovely film Colin.

1 Like

@Kevin3 Go for it - Live for today Kevin as if it were your last. Tomorrow may never come! :hugs:

3 Likes

We love that place, it’s our go-to when we have chance and it’s a nice day

Vids covered it well :clap:

3 Likes

I’m 60 and full-time cerer looking after my wife for over 10yrs (33yrs married). I’ve always been into flying since my school days, now drone are here it’s opened my eyes what I’m missing out on, but never took it up and thinking it would be a great way to get myself and my good lady out and about.

After watching hundreds of hours of youtube videos and reading all the CAA & now updating rules etc. remote ID coming all roads to me lead to ban or tax in the UK. Hope I’m wrong, I really do.

Nice one @D0c.Col :+1:

1 Like

you are right Colin, I’m going to order the DJI Mini 4 Pro. Tomorrow may never come! :hugs:

1 Like

It still is Kevin. Get yourself out there and bugger what may or may not happen next year. Lifes too short matey.:+1: Don’t miss out on a good time!

Edit: You beat me too it… well done that man :clap:

@Sparkyws Us too Wayne, as well as Shugborough and Calke Abbey… Hmmm… Calke Abbey… DS here I come! :rofl:

1 Like

Another nice movie Colin, thanks for that and re-educating the gentleman of the NT :grin:

1 Like

Who what where when how

Impossible to implement, also remember we don’t all fly DJI

1 Like

@Flitwick-David Thx David. Glad you liked it. :+1:

Nice one col @D0c.Col
Hey I’m not sure if it’s my eyes but parts of the video your horizon looks slightly off minimal, I’m not knocking mate just giving you the heads up, possible gimbal calibration needed :+1:t2:

I’ll check it out, but I think it’s probably the topography, as South East of there is Congleton Edge and North East maybe The Cloud. Won’t hurt to give it a quick recalibration all the same. Cheers :+1:

1 Like

Brill @D0c.Col but what I do not get is why are the NT people such “Enter your own word here”. This is a great video and an advert. I have to say I have never heard of the place and it does look amazing @FoleyMrs wants to live there lol. It is videos like this that show off such amazing places that would be not seen otherwise. So NT should be proud of this. Nice one for the video. Enjoyed it.

4 Likes

@Foley thx Russ. I totally agree and virtually said the same thing to the NT guy, but he, like a lot of them, was so indoctrinated in the ways of the NT that he couldn’t see it! I say a lot of them, as I have friends, and my sister-in-law, who work for them as volunteers and they love the vids. Oh well you can’t please all the people, all the time!

3 Likes