National Trust Policy Correspondence

No, coloured areas are the areas they own. The colours denote the time they acquired it. outside of the coloured areas is either public or non NT private land.

1 Like

Well done for pointing this out to them

1 Like

Not as bad as a 17 year old buying an used 50cc motorbike off ebay, and being on the road ten minutes later :man_shrugging: And that has been the way since year dot. I know what I’d prefer to be hit by :+1:

4 Likes

Not entirely correct

1 Like

Apart from the CBT they need…

2 Likes

Which also perfectly illustrates my point. It was a free-for-all, with easy availability and little governance of checking the riders knowledge of the law. It’s almost the same as the current drone regs but if a specific model of Honda moped was left out. It’s an anomaly.

I suspect the point was about non legal/compliant use of mopeds vs non legal/compliant use of UAV’s.

Or at least that’s how I took it.

I don’t think they’ll have been buying off ebay pre CBT days

Compulsory Basic Training - Wikipedia.

1 Like

cheap bikes, epecially scramblers have beeen available since the year dot, often used to ride mine up and down the road in my village to get to the fields, no different to riding my bike in the eyes of a 9 year old. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The word “conveyance” to me points to an air vehicle in which one can ride in or ride on. It’s clear that when this was written there were no drones in existence but only aircraft. It needs rewording in my opinion.

When I fly my drone I do not use it as a means of conveyance…:thinking:

2 Likes

Nope

With my association with various on-line drone pages, groups and pilots I know of three other people as well as myself who have had correspondence with the NT over this and all have had the same reply, albeit with different wording. Suffice to say they are aware of the change in regulations and that they are in the process of reviewing their policy regarding the flying of drones on and over their properties.

I think there’s very little we can do right now but just wait and see what happens. Until then just abide by their rules on their sites and do as you’ve always done off them.

If approached by an NT staff member the choice is really yours. Calmly nod, land, pack away and leave or stand your ground knowing that if your on byelaw free public land and have abided to CAA/Drone Code regulations then you have broken no laws.

depends, half of them don’t bother.

1 Like

This :point_up_2::point_up_2::point_up_2:

This is tremendously useful. Thank you.

I wonder if this comment about conveyance is meant to deal with hot air balloons landings and taking off from their property, especially considering that drones havn’t been around for very long and clearly cannot convey a person. :thinking:

1 Like

Hi All
I’ve not seen this posted before, but appolgies if it has been, I’ve just come across a map on the NT website that show’s all their land, so you can see what they own if you need to.
Here’s the link

Just select all map layers and hopefully that will show everything.
Enjoy

2 Likes

Their Land Map also shows NT farmland which I don’t believe is shown in the Dronescene map. Unfortunately that effectively doubles the already extensive NT areas I knew about on my doorstep. Looking at their datasets it doesn’t seem that they’ve made farmland data available to third party apps.

Has anyone been asked to leave footpaths through NT farmland?

Public footpaths?

1 Like

Some (not all) footpaths through NT farmland are rights of way. The name is self-descriptive: you have a right of way, which can include stopping to take photographs. But if the path is on NT land, their bye-laws still apply.

I’ve taken off from NT property before, it’s not a big deal, just be discreet and don’t cause a nuisance.

3 Likes