National Trust Policy Correspondence

Yes, but read their justification for not supporting it.

I am surprised this has passed the 500 post mark.

Not that it matters, but re NT, I will always ask for forgiveness, rather than permission. Just saying :man_shrugging:

5 Likes

Anyway. Let’s get this thread back on topic.

Shugborough hall taken today TOAL outside of their land (vlos may or may not have been lost :smirk:)

14 Likes

Couldn’t agree more, well done.
Thank you.

1 Like

Thanks from me too -
I asked (Lord) Patrick Lichfield a question some years ago about the photographic equipment he used and amongst his reply he enclosed:

2 Likes

WOW…All those people marching through that archway. Was it owned by the NT…Didn’t see any Drones. :laughing:

1 Like

Good news, the vote is complete and NT have banned fox hunting on their land.

6 Likes

EXELLENT NEWS ! High time this barbaric “sport” was outlawed completely. Not often I would agree with anything NT related , but they get my full support on this one. :heavy_check_mark: :heavy_check_mark:

1 Like

Hooray most excellent news.

4 Likes

This isn’t the first time that the National Trust have used waffle to try and limit people taking photographs etc of their artifacts and indoor of properties. Until recently they had a ban on anyone using flash photography incase it ‘tarnished the colours’ of delicate items. I can imagine in the days gone when they ignited chemicals on a flash stand it may have been a problem but with modern day ( and by that I mean the last 40 or so years ) it’s been possible to take pictures without any harm coming to the subject. They are slow to change with the times.

Now playing devil’s advocate here, there is a more realistic reason they don’t want us using our drones and that is because people pay good money to become members and don’t want everyone else seeing for free what they pay for. If they just said that from the start I think most people would understand it.

5 Likes

I’d call in a missed opportunity for some free advertising as well as missing out on potential admission or membership fee from those looking to fly their drones.

1 Like

Still not great places to go in to cardiac arrest though.

2 Likes

But if that is the case, why do they allow filming with a DSLR or phone?

Apparently they don’t.

2 Likes

Same applies to football matches but you need sunglasses for the flashes at a big night game when someone scores.

Ye not kidding ye do. Mind you I did get stopped and searched and have a pro lens confiscated at Twickenham at the rugby once lol

1 Like

Not surprised having a pro lens confiscated, that’s where they practically draw the line.

1 Like

Thanks, Phil. I’ve only just joined the club. This type of information is really valuable. It’s great to have my own understanding of the rules and laws confirmed.

1 Like

Another newbie here. I agree with you, very informative. Thank you

1 Like

12 Likes