National Trust's Sizergh Castle with DJI mini 3 Pro and a little history

NATIONAL TRUST SIZERGH CASTLE AND GARDENS Filmed on my recent hol’s. I actually visited it twice under very different weather conditions to get drone footage and on both occasions I struggled with the signal.

Sizergh Castle and Gardens is a beautiful example of a medieval house, located in the English county of Cumbria. It was built by the Strickland family on a 1,600 acre estate in 1350 and features essential collectables, rare oak furniture, and magnificent inlaid chambers. The characteristics of the Sizergh Castle Gardens are mixed and Victorian. If you are looking for a perfect place to relax, these gardens bloom every season.

This Grade I listed building is the home of the Hornyold-Strickland family and although the family still has on-paper ownership, the castle and gardens are cared for and maintained by the National Trust.

The flight was not inside a FRZ and I was able to launch the DJI mini 3 Pro from a Public Path outside of the National Trust boundary VLOS was mostly maintained with the assistance of a spotter. :smirk:

I stuggled a bit with the castle interior footage as it was very dark in there and my little Samsung S10e struggled a bit so a lot of artifacts and noise but what the hell, I put it in anyway. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it. :crossed_fingers:

3 Likes

Nice video Col :clap: Again, I haven’t heard of this place, but learned a lot. That’s a heck of a long stint for one family to own it. Thoroughly enjoyable, thanks mate :+1:

1 Like

I agree, especially when they kept backing the wrong side of a war, or two! :rofl: The present “owner” Harold Hornyold-Strickland is a right character and actually helps the NT with tours etc whilst he lives there.