NATS Pre-flight Briefing Service

But I wasn’t complaining! Just trying to get to the truth about what DS can and cannot do so we , or so I, know what I can use DS for and what I can’t. DS is a great facility but it doesn’t do everything and so may be it would be better to just accept that fact and own up to it rather than trying to defend something that really doesn’t need defending.

So it isn’t nice having a go at me, who is a big fan and supporter of DS, for what appears to be no real reason. Instead, why not own up to the bits of DS that are missing so people can find alternatives to DS to get the info that DS does not provide… like the NATS Briefing Service.

If I thought for one second you would accept my help I would offer up my services to the forum to help maintain and support DS and to help develop it further. I have 40+ years as a software developer and while I might not be experienced in the actual software used my experience means I would easily pick it up. I am not hostile towards the forum or DS… I am a friend… I don’t think you lot recognise that fact yet :slight_smile:

Cards on the table, DS doesn’t have a layer which displays Uber taxi locations :confused:

And in all seriousness, I’ve still go no idea what data you think is missing from the NOTAMs layer though so please Paul, this offer still stands:

It’s only with input from members that we can all help to improve it.

If we don’t know exactly what content is missing from the NOTAMs we can’t raise it with any of our multiple data providers.

1 Like

Just to clarify this, I don’t know if you are seeing some NOTAMs from one data provider that are not present in data from another data provider?

Or if you are seeing some data/content within a NOTAM from one provider and some of that data/content is not present in the same NOTAM from another provider.

I think once we all understand what the issue is, we can probably fix it.

1 Like

Jees. You’re all flying 250g of plastic. Its not like your planning a transatlantic route

1 Like

Not helpful

To you maybe

Well, I have explained the issue so many times now… I don’t think it is worth explaining it again as I am either being ignored or totally misunderstood.

I will use the NATS Briefing for notification of danger area that are activated by NOTAM… that is not shown on DS. I suggest others do the same.

Ok , so point us to the map/dataset and we can look at adding it.

It actually was, to me at least. At the end of a very hard and frustrating day it made me chuckle and lifted my spirits somewhat, cheers NVPB :beers:

While I’m here and before the bottle of red gets cracked open to release my alter ego? If you have 40+ years in software, have your PPL and know what youre doing/what you want/what we want, why don’t you go and write something that will do it? In the meantime I’ll keep using dronescene the way it is, like most of us will.

I’ve asked multiple times and offered you every opportunity to explain what nobody else in this thread is seemingly able to understand.

I’m wrapping this up now.