Neave Island, Skerray Bay, Sutherland - Added to Coastal Scenery in Scotland

I have just added this to the map of places to fly your drone at Drone Scene:

Land owner permission requirements unknown.

Just off the NC 500 between Bettyhill and Tongue, turn left and travel a long way down a single track road to Skerray Harbour, plenty of parking - a fair few camper vans overnighting too - and then walk to the quayside. Good views over the bay to the island, and if clear when you climb higher then the Orkney's can be seen in the distance, as well as the mountains of Sutherland, the Rabbit Isles and the Caithness coast.

Watch out for the birds, just after take off an Oystercatcher started to circle and get closer with each pass, so a climb and increased forwards speed was needed to leave him behind - also watch out for the larger predators, I saw a huge bird over the Island - Golden or Sea Eagle, I didnt want to get close enough to take a look!

The originator declared that this location was not inside a Flight Restriction Zone at the time of being flown on 24/06/2023. It remains the responsibility of any pilot to check for any changes before flying at the same location.

3 Likes

Absolutely stunning. I must get to scotland sometime over the next year to do some flying. The scenery is spectacular!

2 Likes

Thanks… There are about 90 video’s from Scotland taken ovver the last 12 months on our YT channel, pretty much stunning all over the country… Take a look, it may give you some ideas as to a route map :slight_smile:

1 Like

Absolutely stunning :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you :slight_smile: