New and Flying in Berkshire

Hi, I’m a newbe and live between Maidenhead and Bracknell, and was looking for locations in Berkshire to fly safely as I get to grips with my Mavic Air 2. So far so good, so much easier to control than the Concept helicopters I used to fly 20 years ago! Any location suggestions really appreciated. Many thanks Rob

1 Like

Hi Rob,

Welcome to GADC. For places to fly check out Dronescene. I see there are a few places around and about the area you describe, so take your pick.

Happy Flying!

Mark

1 Like

Hi Rob,

I live in Maidenhead, finding places to fly that don’t break any rules at all is tricky, so many open spaces but lots of it is common land and much managed by the National Trust who blanket ban drones.
Saying that some areas are so unpopulated you can fly without disturbing any person or wildlife. I still don’t recommend flying on National Trust land though.
I do have permission from a farmer friend to fly on his land between Marlow and Henley so if you get really stuck and just need a bit of open sky where you can practise, let me know (PM me) and maybe we can meet up there! I also have an MA2.
Cheers,
Luke…

1 Like

Hi Luke, thanks for the message, I noticed the suggestion of asking potential farm land owners, so I put a message to some friends in a car club group knowing that we have a love for cars shared and asked if they or knew anyone that would allow me to fly on their land! Within minutes I had a couple of friends offer, I never knew they had such amenities! So yesterday I had a good session over near Sonning Common and this evening just off Drift Road. I’m going to build these relationships so hopefully I can fly there often without being a nuisance. I must say I think the Mavic Air 2 is amazing to fly, so easy to control and to plan shots with. Hopefully I can build a network of flying areas that I can share, it would be great to fly over Marlow, Henley way, I know the area well, perhaps we can meet at each others venues for some flying. I need a few more weeks to get up to hone my skills, and I’ll try and find some more contacts that would be up for a few aerial shots of their property in exchange for some flying time. Thanks again for the note
Cheers
Rob

Sounds good, definitely up for a meet at some point, always good to find new places too

2 posts were split to a new topic: Another New Member from Bracknell