New DJI drones to come with ADS-B plane detection

2 Likes

I was just reading that on the DJI website

I saw this on DJI’s Instagram feed yesterday, but thought this was just a confirmation of old news.

Looks like a complete new lineup of drones from say mavic upwards within the next 6 months then.

I doubt it … just include it on new models as and when they introduce new models.

True.

‘All new DJI drone models released after January 1, 2020’

Holding off on upgrading then! Not that I had a spare £1300 lying around anyway.

I suspect that new releases will be before the end of the year, then again 1st quarter next year with the new tech, they use it was a way of generating additional sales.

Really depends on if this feature will require some additional hardware or it can be done via a software update.

I very much doubt they will release an entire new line for this this, if it can be added in an update to the flagship models that would be even better.

Of course it’s also another reason for the media to hate on China tech as they will now be able to track our aircraft :slight_smile:

I really don’t see the point, quite honestly.

When a frigging great big helicopter can “go missing” from ADS-B this far ….

It was reporting 750ft at the time.

1 Like

It’s receiving only, it would seem, no transmitting.

DroneID / AeroScope has allowed anyone with a laptop running kismet to track your DJI drone for the last two years :wink:

Some bed time reading:

Anatomy-of-DJI-Drone-ID-Implementation1.pdf (1.7 MB)