New DJI Mini 3 Pro unable to take off

I had a bit more diagnoses, I suspect it is combination of the drone and controller…

The Serial number and production date of the mini 3 pro is July 2022. I must be one of the unlucky one had a bad batch…

@PingSpike It is DJI accepted my return and replacement. I order via Amazon, although they accept return and reorder, these days I want to avoid large returns with Amazon. DJI Support accepted my order receipt document etc…

Personally I’d have gone through them, no hassles (usually) and you’d get a brand new one back.

DJI will send a refurb

4 Likes

Have to agree.

If you’ve not already shipped it to DJI, most definitely send it back to Amazon for a new replacement.

1 Like

Return to Amazon.

100%

Unless you have returned too much and feel that your account is at risk.

I had one minor issue 2 years ago, their algorithm is a mystery - had to be careful about it.

Amazon is the absolute easiest to return too. At least DJI usually turn around quick. You should have a replacement within a week.

2 Likes

Good news DJI has agreed a free replacement, very good service and generally paced turnaround time. Thank you for all the help!

i had same problem when first started , you need to unlock geo fly safe for area your flying . i think thats what its called but if you check your controller top left corner you will see it but you must have wifi to unlock ok

I am having a problem with me new mini 3. purchased last Friday 6/11
trouble is, … its not a drone fault… more definitely me.
I wrecked me old drone, and was really looking forward to starting again.
but compared to the old drone, this is complicated for me.

Having wrecked me old one, also getting on in age and not being too well, I have totally lost confidence in me self with flying and am way out of me comfort zone.
Does any body have any suggestions, or is there anybody is in the Fareham/Portsmouth area who wouldn’t mind talking/ walking me through it… I got to snap out of it, I guess its like falling off your horse … got to get back on it…

Old drone was it GoPro karma if so no need to worry with dji mini 3 pro as it virtually fly’s itself.

I let two friends who never touched a drone or controller in there life flew off and around and landed with no problems, I say it took about a minute to feel confident 5 mins when there being clever and after 10 mins they flying between trees and whizzing past us at full speed :scream: my cub even put it into active mode and ran around the garden and enjoyed it. :rofl:

Look at YT videos for settings as there 100’s out there.

1 Like

Thanks for the reply … yes. I had a Karma. but it was free.
I’ve been checking out the YT videos, but me adapter linking me hearing aids to PC is not working, so its hard going following on subtitles. hopefully it will be fixed soon. Then I might make some progress.

Do Know why the DJI app puts a smaller NFZ around airports compared to drone scene?

ziceman
This afternoon i headed out for the biggest flat piece of grass with no trees, and just like you said, the mini 3 flies unbelievably easy. What i was worrying over was the way it tilts and jumps when maneuvering. This never happened with the Karma… made me thing i was overcorrecting the controls or something… .
This is so much easier to fly and the video is smooth in comparison. I should have ditched the Karma ages ago.
Tomorrow I shall be back out to see how it copes with obstacles, mainly trees etc.

1 Like

Go easy on those sticks tiger :slight_smile:

Turned like a tanker I found

Well… that’s one way to describe it. but that was on a good flight… :unamused:

1 Like
PingSpike

I have seen a video on YT suggesting that it possible to change sensitivity on the controls… i’m hoping that its true. :smiley:

I’m glad your up and flying, yes there is settings to get more control of the sticks.

Unsure the controller you have, on the rc n1 you have a switch in the centre “cine normal sport” and on the smart controller it’s C N S, put it into Cine/C as the default settings should be ok if you smooth on the sticks.

Unsure as I’m not there to see but you might think your taking off Cine/C mode already but there is a wee bug in the controller which might be catching you out as the switch might look it’s in Cine/C but in actual fact the drone is thinking controller set to normal/N, so always takeoff then flick the switch across to Sport/S and back to Cine/C then your definitely get that smoother control of the sticks.

Take a look at ianinlondon videos as he covers everything. Here’s one below.

Worth noting gimbal settings have changed in the latest version of app. The advanced settings have gone and replaced with something else which is more or less the same but. Different none the less.

ETA: Slightly annoying tuber but only video I can find with the new gimbal settings screen. Hopefully @ianinlondon will do a new one.

firstadekit
ziceman

Thank you for the heads up on the videos. I do have the rc n1 with the slider in the middle and display built in. This is all new stuff for me, but it looks easy enough to follow.

This drone is going to be much easier and more fun with none of the drawbacks… :smiley: :smiley:

Glad to hear your getting your confidence back, it is easy, just after takeoff slide it then back to say cine then it does lock into Cine .

1 Like