New DJI Smart Controller - Do I or don't I?

@OzoneVibe,good point,will check my version of assistant,and make sure it is the latest…:+1::+1:

1 Like

MY DJI Assistant v2.07 new version v2.08! do wish that DJI would put an update prompt in the damm app!!!:grinning::grinning:

2 Likes

@OzoneVibe Thanks Dave updating the assistant has done the trick,happy days…:+1::+1::rofl::rofl:

3 Likes

Ken got all excited about the new Smart controller update :

Sounds like a decent enough update alright. Polishes a few of the rough edges.

Cant update mine as away from home right now. But will give it whirl once back.

Moved this over to the Smart Controller thread. :wink:

1 Like

I’ve not tried it yet. Did you update the Assistant 2 app ?

1 Like

Oh ruddy hell,oops sorry just saw that you have! Doh!

1 Like

There are quite a number of items to be updated whilst working with DJI’s family of products. A little hard to keep track of whats what at times. Bang on Re Assistant 2. The slightest incorrect version and nowt works. It really ought to have an auto update prompt as you say @FIREFOX

1 Like

So I ordered a smart controller back in March from jessops and got a good deal as part of bundle, read reviews and got the impression it was a must have extra, but, whilst waiting for its arrival and reading loads more it seems some have issues with it which is causing me to have doubts on its validity as an essential extra :thinking:
M2P would you guys continue with the order or cancel and stick with the standard controller. .??

Moved your post over to a pre-existing one on the same theme. Might be some useful thought above.

1 Like

If I ordered it in March and it hadn’t arrived within a few days I’d be cancelling the order mate, never mind a few months!

What’s the score there? :thinking:

March !, I assume you have had to pay for it !,
if you have then sounds like you can probably kiss your money goodbye !.
I would have been asking for a refund within a month (at the latest!)
Or ,tugging someone’s chain, Big time!, to where the ferk it is !.

2 Likes

If it was me I would contact the Dealer asap, tell them you are going to give them 7 days to send it, otherwise you will be in touch with Trading Standards and you will let them sort it out !.
“It is against the law in the UK, to take credit card payment for an item, prior to despatch”

Under the distance selling regulations, the goods must be delivered or the service carried out within the time period they have specified. If no time period is specified, then the statutory time limit is 30 days (unless you have agreed otherwise). If the supplier is unable to fulfil their obligations within 30 days, they must inform you before the end of the 30 day deadline. They may offer you an alternative date for delivery, but you are under no obligation to accept and are quite within your rights to ask for a full refund.

1 Like

Sorry guys don’t know how I put March there, 19th June ordered seems jessops are awaiting 42 of these just to fulfill back orders, they say it’s a Dji problem getting them out.? Hence I’ve had loads of time for second thoughts :thinking: since posting I’ve checked out a few more recent reviews and looks like dji are getting this controller sorted with updates.
All they need to do now is get them here so I can play.
No it’s not paid for until it ships, phew.

Ok! So there seems to be a trend here with the smart controler, seems everywhere I check for one it’s a 10 day wait for delivery or pickup ( doesn’t take 10 days to get it ready for pickup, same as jessops, ( conspiracy theory in me) 10 days means there not in stock but hopefully they can get them in and in the case of jessops = not arrived yet.
At least Dji state they have no stock,
Looks like I’ll just have to sit it out and wait, still sunny day forecast tomorrow so bit of flying in order ,instead of griping :zipper_mouth_face: :blush:

1 Like

Just checked Hobby mounts for you,(where i got mine ),see they are out as swell…Strange that they seem so hard to get.?:confused::confused:

Hmmm… It’s not like DJI to have enough stock to supply the demand… :thinking:

Oh…

Wait…

2 Likes

I’m going on the assumption there made in China, bit of digging I found this,

Last week, the Commerce Department placed Chinese technology firms, Wuxi Jiangnan Institute of Computing Technology and Sugon on a blacklist that includes Huawei, restricting them from accessing American made microprocessors for use in technology that may ultimately be used for the Chinese military, according to the Federal Register. The restrictions went into effect this week.

From June

Anybody got the smart controller?
Pros and cons please is it a lot brighter?
What’s battery life like?

Is it a lot brighter,YES,battery life,well it has lasted me for 4 full mp2 batteries,no setup every time,only thing i wish,is the screen was a bit bigger,apart from that,big thumbs up from me,love mine… :+1: :+1: :+1:

3 Likes