New DJI Smart Controller - Do I or don't I?

Been using mine in the back garden in direct blinding sunlight - 1000 nits! And it doesn’t auto-dim like my iPhone when it gets warm :+1:

I have it when I bought it with my Mavic Pro 2, the screen is really good, but I’m not a fan of the operating system, being so use to the Mac iOS.
If I had to buy again I don’t think I would go for it as an option.

Big thumbs up from me.

Love the ease of getting up on the air with my phone in my back pocket.

Agree with @FIREFOX . Screen could do with being a touch bigger but tbh its more then usable, so gets my vote.

PS There is a new firmware update out to allow Phantom 4 2.0’s to run off it.

Yep just updated my sc to v01.00.0700 have not had a play with it yet,but updated ok… :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Me too - Only thing I’ve tested so far is the FPV feed from the DJI FPV goggles and it works gr8!

(I also found another use for it while testing the battery life :wink: )…

4 Likes

wander if it updated the android version? i want to use the mavic air 2 with this aswell,and then stamp on that fugly controller,LMAO…

2 Likes

It now says Android 7.1.2 :+1:

1 Like

Now that’s a LOT better… :+1: :+1: :+1:

1 Like

Cerimonial Garden Bonfire, then wait for the bang when battery goes !. :wink:

1 Like

Could be interesting… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

2 Likes

How good is the smart controller? Is it worth another £400?

Moved your question here @Vennwood, loads of useful info on this thread ;o)

2 Likes

Yes I think so.

Thanks.
Pondering about getting a smart controller myself, but slightly put off as I never got on with the Android logic. Guess I have spent too long with IOS.
I feel like DJI treat us as Beta testers. I might just go for it anyway and see what happens.

Moved your post to this thread to limit the other thread to M2A firmware.

1 Like

It really has nothing (in the real world) to do with Android as you would see it on a phone, it’s just the system used to run the DJI apps on. I used to use IPads for flying for the big screens, but you need a powerful latest model to go forward with any certainty, used to get CPU warnings on my IPad Air all the time not powerful enough. Some are using IPad Mini but a decent one of those is pushing the cost of the SC so just decided I wanted a dedicated device to fly !! PLUS no faffing about with cables/phones/calls in middle of flights, but it is a smaller screen (But very bright).

1 Like

Hmm.

Huawei Mediapad M5 lite 8 = £130-£140. DJI Smart Controller = £579.

Tablet has a bigger screen and you can install any drone control apps you want it, use it to edit the downloaded photos, and access Grey Arrows, Drone Scene etc.

Tough choice :wink:

2 Likes

That’s exactly what I did and have to say it’s a excellent tablet and I would highly recommend it for both DJI apps also the screen recording is great and battery life is excellent.

1 Like

Can’t comment on it specifically for the MA2 (may need an adaptor mount), but it fits my M2Z controller (only just!). The main competition seems to be the iPad Mini, which is much more expensive.

I have a ipad mini 5 as well but I find it heavy and the battery life is not as good as the Huawei mediapad m5 lite 8 but it runs the apps great