New Drone Problems (Again)

Hi Chaps,

I received a BNF version of the Iflight TurboBee 160 rs from Bangood earlier this week.
I chose the option of having a pre-installed tbs nano to go with my crossfire setup.

Took its first flight yesterday and fly los to get used to the responsiveness - it’s very fast.

However upon using the goggles I quickly noted that I have quite bad interference on the VTX as soon as the rx and tx connect.

As soon as I disconnect the tx this dissapears.

With the help of @DeanoG60 I’ve tried multiple checks and nothing seems out of place or to be wrong - its all set up correctly but I just cant seem to get it to work without the interference.

Video below to highlight the issue

Any help would be appreciated.

2 Likes

Maybe try having it all powered up on the bench with it bound and try moving wires and pressing on the pin headers to see if you can make the image better chances are there is a loose connection somewhere also make sure you’ve glued the UFL connector to eliminate an antenna connection issue on the VTX or if you didn’t want to glue it (to avoid voiding any warranty, incase you need to send it back) just press it down firmly with a lolly stick or similar and see if it improves picture quality if it does you know it’s an antenna issue. Same with moving the wires or pressing on the pin headers, if you get an improvement in image quality you’ll know where to look for the issue.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear you’re having problems Howard :pensive:
Probably a long shot but have you tried setting your VTX and goggles to a different channel? When I first got my Quad I had a similar issue. I ended up changing the vtx and goggle channel and the issue went away. Worth a try maybe

3 Likes

Try distancing the vtx and rx. Also try turning off the rx telemetry so its not transmitting back to the tx.

2 Likes

I’ll give that a try and i’m surprised that i didnt think of that

1 Like

Done the distance thing. Also changed the power of vtx and tx to see if that made a difference but to no avail.

I’ll look at telemetry see if that works.

2 Likes

Where is the camera getting its power from?

1 Like

It’s plugged directly in to the stack

1 Like

Also very little room to distance the two.

1 Like

Um. You could try soldering the cam to the vtx filtered 5v and gnd. But you’d have to cut off the connector. Unless you have a spare cam wire to test off another quad.

2 Likes

Or solder the.nano power supply to the vtx 5v…

2 Likes

Think I’m gonna wait for banggood support to come back to me before i start chopping it up.
Being bnf I shouldn’t really have these issues

1 Like

Karl - just turned off telemetry on the RX and it works fine now.

Gonna go have a test flight later tonight but thanks so much mate.

Anything that I should be aware of that will be affected by turning off Telemetry - noob question I know

2 Likes

Cool. Its advised on small quads. It just means no batt voltage or gps etc goes back to the tx. But as you have osd, it doesn’t matter

2 Likes

every day is a schoolday mate. Thanks again!

1 Like

It does if you crash, lose your video / OSD and don’t have GPS coordinates to find it.
As @notveryprettyboy will testify I’d be in the hot brown sticky stuff without GPS on my TX
:grinning:

1 Like

If the details in the osd what use are they in the tx?

Surely its not a great amount of use when you have the goggles on anyway? :man_shrugging:

1 Like

I have the crossfire TX unit with the OLED display on the back which shows last received position, experience has shown that in a crash where power is disconnected those last transmitted coordinates are very accurate. Even if you don’t have that display, running a LUA script will put the information on your transmitter screen.
Of course if you have the DVR running on your Google’s you can replay the video up until the actual crash which should give you good coordinates :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yeah I always have DVD running.

Some good points though. Especially as my squadron of fpv drones grows

1 Like

Wow, where do you put the DVD into the goggles?

:man_running:

1 Like