New from Notts

Hi all, I’m Simon from Nottingham. Extremely new to drones, have just ordered my first one (a Mavic Mini) so hopefully I’ll be up and flying soon.

As a keen photographer I’ve always had a passing interest in them but started looking more seriously a few weeks ago.

With all the registration/legislation furore going on it may seem an odd time to get on board but what the heck, I’m in!

4 Likes

Hello Simon and welcome to GADC (some might say the Mad House… :grinning:)

1 Like

Welcome Simon.
Hopefully the mini will fulfil your needs but I do think as a photographer you will be upgrading once you get the hang of flying. But I’m sure you are going to love the experience.

1 Like

Hi Simon / @PunchyPariah, and welcome to GADC. :+1:

Looks like you’ll be amongst the first of our members to own the Mavic Mini … so you’ll also be amongst good company. Looking forward to people’s reviews of this new model.

If you haven’t already, take a look at the Map of Members and you’ll see there are a few other members in your neck of the woods, some of whom I’m sure will come and say Hi.

The forum’s search functions are a very efficient way to find previous threads and posts that might already have covered topics in which you are interested in learning more or answer that niggling question but, when this doesn’t turn up what you’re after, there’s a wealth of knowledge amongst the members, so ask away over on #questions-and-answers.

Also, if you’ve not seen it, check out our map of places where members have flown in the past … which, obviously, doesn’t necessarily mean they are still OK to fly and, as always, any pilot needs to check that everything’s OK before flying at any of them.

Please also take a moment to look at the Membership Levels section on our FAQ .

Welcome aboard!

1 Like

Welcome to the group, keep us up dated on the mavic mini, when it arrives :+1:

1 Like

Hi simon welcome to GADC hope you find it useful also would love to hear your thoughts on the mavic mini when you get it

1 Like

As Steve and others have said, welcome to the gang. It will give your photography a whole new dimension, no pun intended, and we would all welcome your thoughts on the Mavic mini. Glad you haven’t been put off by the whole registration thingy, it’s really not that bad, and gives us a, legitimacy in the eyes of the great unwashed (public) that we never had before.

2 Likes

Hi

Near Mansfield here, happy to hook up sometime and take a flight with you (Mavic Pro) here, really interested to see the Mini in action!

1 Like

Hi Simon…great to have you onboard here… I’m not too far from you either…just other side of EMA…let us know how you get on with MM… MP owner here but still yet to get airborne

1 Like

Welcome Simon and I wish you all the same fun as I have had since buying my first drone back in August and this site is really great looking forward to seeing some of your pics in the future

1 Like

Hi Simon and welcome

Like you I am in Notts and awaiting my Mavic Mini to be delivered tomorrow…happy flying

Paul

1 Like

Hi Simon. There are a few of us from Notts. We will have to arrange a meet up at some point. Compare notes, etc

1 Like